Wheel Barrow / Improvised Shopping Cart

Strider

Use to you could move the wheelie bins around (the green trash cans with wheels) but they removed that due to some glitches from my understanding. So if you be patient i'm sure it'll be back eventually?

Wow, what a great idea. That'd be brilliant for cutting down trees more effectively. Sure it wouldn't be very quick, maybe slightly slower than walking and the game trade off would be that it's quite loud as anyone who has ever put the bin out late at night can attest to.

Use to you could move the wheelie bins around (the green trash cans with wheels) but they removed that due to some glitches from my understanding. So if you be patient i'm sure it'll be back eventually?

yeah, reminds me of 'ol 0.2.0q. I used to take a wheelie bin and just loot EVERYHTING of value (1500 pounds) and put in in the bin and tug it to the edge of the cell (you can't cross with the wheelie bin). Then I'd move everything in multiple runs to the farm far away.

Maybe if they ever put bicycles in, you could have one of those small baskets attached so you can store stuff in the basket. I imagine you should be able to store stuff in any vehicle. I'm also curious to how people feel about this. What if you could move faster with wheelbarrow or wheelie bins, but it becomes a bit more unstable (at least with the wheelbarrow) creating the possibility of losing control and it tipping over causing some of your things to fall off, plus a bit of noise for being irresponsible?

if you have seen zombie land, you know the luggage with wheels on them and those "grandma" shopping carts you can get.

they are very very useful for carrying larger loads around  than you would be capable of with just your back and arms.

I would do something like added noise and reduced speed. but like that throw everything and run type mod where you can drop a pack with X.  so you press a key and it will leave your trolly/carrier behind while you leg it so you can come back later.

if you have seen zombie land, you know the luggage with wheels on them and those "grandma" shopping carts you can get.

they are very very useful for carrying larger loads around  than you would be capable of with just your back and arms.

I would do something like added noise and reduced speed. but like that throw everything and run type mod where you can drop a pack with X.  so you press a key and it will leave your trolly/carrier behind while you leg it so you can come back later.

That would actually be a pretty awesome idea, I would certainly like to see something like this in the game.

Ive actually got a wheeled trolly thing, two wheels, waterproof draw string with a tough square base. I use it to do my shopping because I have no car. it can handle about 20kg loads fine and reduces walking speed a little but not hugely on concrete.

so say you got a container that can carry 35 and slows + noises you, depending on your zombie settings it could be quite a challenge to use one ;P

but if you could use that in addition to your other packs. major bonus for carrying building supplies/ect.

would actually be fairly easy to build one if you had some wheels.  duffle bag + wooden planks + nails + wheels = wheeled trolly. or something like that.

Also along those lines, Sleds. I mean Native Americans used sleds that were lashed together to carry items long distance. These were little more than a couple of long sticks in an "A" frame setup with a skin running between to carry items: "Sheets+Logs"

Then you could also make more sturdy sleds: "Hammer+Nails+Wood Planks+Sheet Rope"

Then you could also use the crafting skill to determine the noise factor and look. Like people said earlier it would be a "Risk vs Reward" setup where you wouldn't really want to use it except when transporting lots of stuff long distance or building materials. The other thing i agree with is that you should be able to press the "X" to drop it and then come back for it later.

Wow, what a great idea. That'd be brilliant for cutting down trees more effectively. Sure it wouldn't be very quick, maybe slightly slower than walking and the game trade off would be that it's quite loud as anyone who has ever put the bin out late at night can attest to.

On the concrete its loud, on grass no one could hear it though, and it really depends on what your running over on the concrete, I think the risk should be your inability to have a weapon drawn and look around at the same time, plus you wouldn't be able to move as fast while dragging a wheelie bin around.

Overall wheelie bins me likes.