Zombie "camouflage"

Torn

Yes, Inspired from the walking dead concept, being able to camouflage yourself from the zombies by covering yourself in zombie guts. It could add a few neat elements to the game though, as long as it wasn't overpowered.

- helps navigate through zombies without being attacked. Ideally for those gigantic hordes

- would require looting "zombie guts" from dead zombies

- limitations such as "Can't equip while holding primary weapon"

- limits your movement speed to walk/sneak

- limited time period of effectiveness, IE: 45 seconds

- adds substantial weight to your inventory while equipped (for balance reasons, only lootable if it doesn't over encumber you)

- single use per disguise, can only carry 1 at a time

- potential for the disguise to fail

of course it would have to be balanced, but if done right it could be interesting. It forces you to decide between a potential suicide run through hundreds of zombies (current situation), or removing your weapons and mobility, and give you a window of escape opportunity, with the lingering chance it might not even work. Kind of an emergency "is it worth it"? type of thing

Any thoughts?

Apologies if this has been previously suggested.

I can see it implemented beautifully in the game if followed by certain principle.

-Indie Stone adds this mechanic in, but everytime you try it, it has only negative effect and zombies will most likely just keep attacking you. So you risk yourself getting sick or eaten for nothing. But it was worth trying, right..? So why would we add mechanic so pointless as this and waste our time on it when we can make something else?

-Because when we choose "Everyone is infected" in sandbox settings, SUDDENLY this might work, because this type of infection is taken directly from TWD lore, meaning some of the rules might apply here aswell.

So, ultimately, such system might exist in the game, but only work in sandbox, while in "Survival" it might be a waste of time and risk of getting infected/dead. What does everyone think?

Wouldn't you get infected due to the fact that you just covered your entire body in fluids that were just flowing through a literal walking virus orgy and now they're seeping into your pores and every orifice you haven't siliconed shut?

I'm sorry but even covering yourself in mud to hide to hide from zombies makes more sense than covering yourself in mashed up zombie.

You+ll+bee+fine+as+long+as+you+have+a+la

Looks tasty.

But seriously literally everything should be a sandbox option, just make it possible to do despite it being a really really really really really really really really really really terrible idea that will definitely kill you, like drinking bleach.

It really depends on what kind of "zombie rules" you want to use. I see the general consensus is that by covering yourself in zombie guts, you're exposing yourself to the virus. Based on those rules, what about all the zombies you smashed up close with a baseball bat? Surely some of their blood or guts would have landed on you, causing you to become infected.

Doesn't a large amount of zombie lore center around being bitten/scratched as the primary means of infection? The whole thing is debatable, considering there are no concrete rules to a zombie virus. It really comes down to what rules the developers want to have applicable to their game.

It would be very cool like he said wouldn't happen, but it would add something unique to the game.

no it wouldnt, how is it unique when TWD did it and everyone knows it and thinks its an awesome idea... it isnt IMO

i read the title and was like, srsly, this discussion again? meh.

It would be very cool like he said wouldn't happen, but it would add something unique to the game.

no it wouldnt, how is it unique when TWD did it and everyone knows it and thinks its an awesome idea... it isnt IMO

Just curious, why do you think it's a bad idea? After all, nothing is really "unique" these days when it comes to zombies :)

I think of it as a "plan B" for the really nasty situations, an alternative to running and hoping for some good luck. Even then, no guarantee it would work.

Just curious, why do you think it's a bad idea? After all, nothing is really "unique" these days when it comes to zombies :)

I think of it as a "plan B" for the really nasty situations, an alternative to running and hoping for some good luck. Even then, no guarantee it would work.

there's almost never a guarantee that stuff will work, especially in a zombieapocalypse (which is fiction) so everyone can generate their own version of it and the one that the devs gave us is PZ.

I think that it is a bad idead to smush zombie-intestines and rub them over myself, because:

• I'd vomit, a lot I guess - this will attract attention...
  • if you try to look like a zed you will also move like a zed beneath them. way to risky
  • the chance of infection that would be needed to make this idea functioning would lead to no one using it
  • this idea is based on the smell of the zeds, that might be TWD's version of zeds... who says PZ zombies couldn't tell the difference?
  • does droplet infection ring a bell?

I'm sorry if I sound like a smug bastard or something, I do not mean to offend anyone. But I read this suggestion at least 3 or 4 times in at least 3 or 4 seperate threads... and I'm not even a member here for very long.

It really depends on what kind of "zombie rules" you want to use. I see the general consensus is that by covering yourself in zombie guts, you're exposing yourself to the virus. Based on those rules, what about all the zombies you smashed up close with a baseball bat? Surely some of their blood or guts would have landed on you, causing you to become infected.

That's a bit of a false analogy on your part. There is a huge difference between getting a mist of blood on your clothes and covering yourself in guts, head to toes. Regardless of if it's a Zombie apocalypse bathing in the guts and bloods of a human is incredibly unsanitary and would most likely lead to a serious illness, or death. 

Imho this zombie "camouflage" idea is brilliant and should be introduced for the same reason we got drinkable bleach - if someone thinks its cool to drink bleach or cover him/herself in rotting infected meat, then by all means they should be able to do so. Then they should get sick and die, thus liberating the entire gene pool from their contributions in future.

I personally despise this idea. I think that lots of people would find it very "cool" to have this option, solely because TWD did it. and that alone is enough for me to just say nay to this idea. If the devs, mods and the rest of the forum would be for this idea, then of course - so shall it be. and I am not gonna start arguing again. i stated my arguments several times... walt out

Could we add this to the common suggestions list? It's getting a bit old if I may say.

I doubt it would matter if it was put on that list, we still seem to get huge amount of duplicate questions.

I PM'd Rath and he said he's been meaning to do it for a while so it's gonna be there soonTM. At least it might cut down the amount of new topics on it a little. And also we can reference it when a new topic does pop up.

Imho this zombie "camouflage" idea is brilliant and should be introduced for the same reason we got drinkable bleach - if someone thinks its cool to drink bleach or cover him/herself in rotting infected meat, then by all means they should be able to do so. Then they should get sick and die, thus liberating the entire gene pool from their contributions in future.

Rathlord already has an anti-suggestion list which includes this idea as you put it.

This topic has been discussed at least 4 times within a month including Rath's topic and this one and the arguments are staying pretty much the same on both sides so... Also here are the other suggestions I found on the topic for those interested in reading them: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2953-urban-camoflauge-fitting-in-with-your-new-neighbours/ http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2569-disguise-as-the-undead/