Key Magically Jumps Out of Vehicle, Vehicle Stops After Travelling a Foot In Distance, Reinsert Key, Works, Repeat

TurtleShroom

Good evening.

I just lost my character to a really bizarre and frustrating glitch.

I was in a School Bus surrounded by zombies, and have been running them over in a desparate attempt to escape. Suddenly, the bus stopped. Now, this may have been due to the engine breaking apart, but that turned out not to be the case because the bus restarted and proceeded to move when I pressed the movement keys.

The bus reaches about one RPM and less than five miles per hour, switches to drive, and travels about two or three feet before the key pops out and the bus stops. I reinsert the key, turn the engine, and then the bus starts again. I move the bus again; the key jumps out of the car. It does not work. Again. I thought it was because I was sitting on zombies, but I eventually broke free and the bus continued to stop.

Again, when I cranked the engine, the engine light was green and the bus moved. When I was cranking the engine, it was yellow if the engine didn't start. The heater still works. The battery still has charge. The bus has all four tires. All bus components are present. The engine is not at zero percent. Nothing else with the bus is going wrong. It is not the engine failing, but the bus key jumping out of the ignition!

I eventually got out of the bus and was mauled to death by zombies. I have a backed up saved game, but I'm still not happy with this bug.

Thank you for any assistance you may render.

Warm regards and warm bodies,

-TURTLESHROOM

Edited by TurtleShroom

To my knowledge, the School Bus is a Vanilla rendition vehicle. While I have plenty of custom Vehicles and the Vehicle API (e.g. the addition of the RV and a Delorean, etc.), the School Bus has no changes to its sytem and is, in all aspects, a normal PZ vehicle.

While I was able to break free from a pile of zombies while testing, the entire time I was trying to escape, there were zombies on both sides of the bus. They were screaming at me.

I tried to turn the wheels of the bus, and the wheels did not animate when I made the turn.

I think that might be the case. Although it wasn't an issue when I was reporting the bug, subsequent testing caused the engine to hit zero percent.

I apologize, but I might have reported something working as designed. I hope you aren't angry at my error.

Still, that shouldn't spit out the key.

Edited by TurtleShroom

11 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

There is no bus in the vanilla game?

You make my day!)))) thanks!)))

----------------------------------------------------

Guys developers can't help you with mods, so bus as you understand part of the mod, so developers have tier own game problems, they can't start opening code of all ten tousands mods we have and fix them.