Realisticly Defensible Areas

EvoKhristian1

Introduction:  If you have ever looked at some of the suggestions you've surely seen a few of the recurring ones I think we should look at the following ones

Safe zones

Defensible areas

Clearing areas

Now I'm not going to waste your time with a pointless argument, Is no place safe?

No if you live in Canda on an island in the Hudson bay or in fort knox which has enough rations and tanks to survive for years. but how realistic is it to live on an island in the Hudson bay and its doubtfull their letting you into fortknox  So the chances of you finding a place your safe is unlikely.

But its not unlikely that you find a place in small town that's been fortified that there are no zombies inside now if your thinking "EVO YOU'RE AND IDIOT THIS WOULD RUIN GAME NO SAFE PLACE IN ZOMBIES TIMES" I'm not saying its safe you still need food and Zombies are going to pile up OUTSIDE of the area so are you safe maybe for now but in about 6 hours you're going to need food and the thousand zombies outside arnt going any were. The point I bring is that your not safe at all but you in accessible  to zombies if you've killed the entire town and you've barricaded the entire outside of the town. NO MORE ZOMBIES SHOULD SPAWN "INSIDE " the town I know what your thinking "Woah woah woah Evo zombies are going to come from neighboring towns the noise would attract them" OH yes you're a 100% right that's why zombies pile up outside the  barriers and eventually their going to block your way out. But this would be unfair if this was easy to do it COULD ruin the game if not done correctly.  So how is it done right I think like this

I think that One town in every 300 square miles should have a barricaded city or part of a city And a outpost every 100 square miles. And one should take extreme caution approaching one becuase not all are welcoming to people especially military ones which shoot you on site. Also whos to say they are  still safe when you find them? by the time you make it there a new group could have taken over or Maybe zombies got in and your going to have to take them out before your group takes residence And not all are going to have buses and concrete walls maybe instead its just wood barricades or a metal fence that will eventuality give in. The possibility are limit less and if you think that this would ruin the game by taking the realism out of it you're wrong this would add realism and you still need food for all the guards; pills for all the sick; ammo for all the guns; wood for all the furnaces.  So the idea is that you have a place to call home for a while till food becomes a problem or a rival group come. so lets call it what it is a temporary outpost idk tell me what you think

I am watching season 3 of TWD as writing right now.

You basicly mean Woodburry. The zombie spawning should also be more reasonable in the future. As far as I know in the end every single zombie should come from the edge of the map just like NPCs will migrate. This should then fix zombie spawning inside walled off areas.

If you build it, it may be safe from zombies spawning within. If other npc groups build it, no zombies will spawn within.

But I can say with reasonable confidence that there will never be a zone that just magically repels zombies. Barriers are breakable, doors are destructible, barricades can be ripped apart or climbed.

Having it any other way is not only gamey and silly, it also defeats the entire point of the game.

I don't like the idea too much. Safe Zones wouldn't fit in PZ in my opinion (just look at the silly ones in Dead Island).

I think that One town in every 300 square miles should have a barricaded city or part of a city And a outpost every 100 square miles.

Name one Zombie movie / book where this went good for a longer period of time :D

At the end of the day my question would be "Why make it into a game-y feature when NPC's will naturally try to make safe zones already?"

I'm curious, will NPCs try to barricade doors and windows? Build structures such as walls? Chop down trees and loot to get needed materials for said structures?

At the end of the day my question would be "Why make it into a game-y feature when NPC's will naturally try to make safe zones already?"

I'm curious, will NPCs try to barricade doors and windows? Build structures such as walls? Chop down trees and loot to get needed materials for said structures?

I can say a fairly certain across the board 'yes' to that. Not 100% on chopping trees, but they'll certainly get the supplies they need. So, yes.

I don't think walling off areas to create zombie free zones is necessarily making the game too easy - I see it as the 'middle game' after the initial surviving and gathering resources. But as Rath says, these always collapse, especially if the numbers outside aren't trimmed. All it takes is one mistake for a large group to gain access, then chaos. Add to this the need to produce food, collect water and maybe weapons for the group.

Also as in TWD, other groups and in-group fighting start to become more of a problem than the zombies. They will want your things. Others will want to join you, sapping resources. People you reject may become bitter and lead other groups to you etc.

One thing I'd kinda like to see is fences with small holes in them at around head level that you can shove a spear through and kill a zombie pounding on the other side. That way a walled off perimeter stands a greater chance of holding against a moderately large sized horde that might come running through. Make a battle of things.

Now I wanna see brazen, idiotic zombie thinning strategies enacted by players and redneck NPC groups. Something like setting off an alarm in a house, then setting a timed detonator that will burn the house down after a couple minutes, laying waste to sizable swaths of the undead hordes.

Now I wanna see brazen, idiotic zombie thinning strategies enacted by players and redneck NPC groups. Something like setting off an alarm in a house, then setting a timed detonator that will burn the house down after a couple minutes, laying waste to sizable swaths of the undead hordes.

Going by lore that would be largely ineffective as fire is a terrible weapon against zombies. If the building collapsed some would be killed but the rest would just get pinned under rubble.

Still a cool idea that should be implemented, they talked about a similar system with electronics in a Mondoid recently.