Season 2 of The Walking Dead out for preorder on steam!

LeoIvanov

Well, I just found out...

I'm not shitting you, go check out for yourself... It's time to start saving on my money for the purchase, damn do I wait for this game

Just check out that screenshot... 1 Picture worth thousand words.

ss_b1053e32dedb10d2ef1e9fd8ca1cf0fee46b9.

Season 2 reveal trailer.

Man, I liked the story. It created attachement to the characters. but I felt like it was too linear. you more or less had no choice with whom you wanted to go, you just had the choice to tell the truth or to lie... make people like you or hate you...

Nevertheless... I'll propably buy it because the story was very good. basically an interactive movie or something like that. but not cheap when you count all the episodes together.

I really liked the dlc they put out in the end.

the picture is awesome, oh clementine

Man, I liked the story. It created attachement to the characters. but I felt like it was too linear. you more or less had no choice with whom you wanted to go, you just had the choice to tell the truth or to lie... make people like you or hate you...

Nevertheless... I'll propably buy it because the story was very good. basically an interactive movie or something like that. but not cheap when you count all the episodes together.

I really liked the dlc they put out in the end.

the picture is awesome, oh clementine

The "plot" storyline was very linear but amount of variations that you can say and atleast 5 "major" choises for the story to feel engaging and atmospheric. I do indeed love the characters, but just like Walking Dead proves to be (be it movies, comic book or games) there isn't much characters that are left by the end :/

Ooooooooooo... Didn't know it was available for pre-order. I'll get mine in then, looking forward to it. I assume you've tried the short in-between episode that they released awhile back?

Hope they introduce some of the improvements seen in The Wolf Among Us (which is by far much better than TWD).

Man, I liked the story. It created attachement to the characters. but I felt like it was too linear.

Too much freedom can be detrimental to a story as a whole. It is an interactive novel practically, but its the little subtle choices and a few of the major ones that do have an impact on your experience as a whole that matters.

I instabought it :D But Clementine will be the new playable main protagonist, which will be, in my opinion, be a pretty hard thing to make it interesting. You play clem now and caring about here, as it was with Lee, will not really be a point anymore. And fights will be pretty much "softer" with her , because she is still a child... she can shoot guns and everything but we will not have brutal hand to hand fights with here as we had with Lee.... 

I instabought it :D But Clementine will be the new playable main protagonist, which will be, in my opinion, be a pretty hard thing to make it interesting. You play clem now and caring about here, as it was with Lee, will not really be a point anymore. And fights will be pretty much "softer" with her , because she is still a child... she can shoot guns and everything but we will not have brutal hand to hand fights with here as we had with Lee.... 

Err, source?

Bit of a bold move to put us in the shoes of Clementine, and I've not heard anything about that.

Err, source?

Bit of a bold move to put us in the shoes of Clementine, and I've not heard anything about that.

Read the info under the trailer on TT youtube channel and i think its on their site and wiki too....

Found it here - http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/clementine-confirmed-as-playable-in-the-walking-dead-season-2

Bit of a risky move and a odd one.

I say this because Clementines personality is known to us from Season 1. Having a player control her could make her inconsistent with how she behaves from the past game and create a sense of discontinuity.

Lee was a blank state; the player shaped his personality to the choices that they made despite the linear nature of it. So there was a sense of discovery with Lee. Playing a character from Season 1 that isn't a blank state and has a personality set in stone could create problems for Season 2.

Not sure how they are going to work it out but regardless I'm looking forward to it.

Found it here - http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/clementine-confirmed-as-playable-in-the-walking-dead-season-2

Bit of a risky move and a odd one.

I say this because Clementines personality is known to us from Season 1. Having a player control her could make her inconsistent with how she behaves from the past game and create a sense of discontinuity.

Lee was a blank state; the player shaped his personality to the choices that they made despite the linear nature of it. So there was a sense of discovery with Lee. Playing a character from Season 1 that isn't a blank state and has a personality set in stone could create problems for Season 2.

Not sure how they are going to work it out but regardless I'm looking forward to it.

exactly , i have the exact same concerns. I would have liked a new character much more ... but i think Telltale will not  disappoint us ....

Hope they introduce some of the improvements seen in The Wolf Among Us (which is by far much better than TWD).

Care to elaborate? I havent played the wolf among us and am interested in the things they changed / did better there...

Just the smoothness of it. Quick time events are done much better and feel more fluent, the way the story is set-up and unfolds. Hard to describe, but definitely a sense that they refined the experience in Wolf.

exactly , i have the exact same concerns. I would have liked a new character much more ... but i think Telltale will not  disappoint us ....

I was half expecting them to advance a few years and show a more matured Clementine. At least then you could call it a blank state and put it down to Clementine changing as she reached her adult years. It would certainly be a lot more interesting I reckon.

I have a foreboding sense of dread with the decision they've made. Hopefully TT will come through.

I'm thinking that they'll have Clementine be a blank slate caused by Lee's example he set, and it'll probably run off of your choices in the first game, or randomize them. You'll probably see your choices in flashbacks or having Clem reference them.

I'm thinking that they'll have Clementine be a blank slate caused by Lee's example he set, and it'll probably run off of your choices in the first game, or randomize them. You'll probably see your choices in flashbacks or having Clem reference them.

Still unsure about it all.

If it was me; and being a right bastard that I am, I would have Clementine killed off in the first episode and have the player step into the shoes of a new protagonist that you've not seen before.

1. It creates a sense of disbelief, shock and an emotional impact to the start of the season.

2. It would be a hell of a twist, something the players wouldn't expect.

3. It would further hammer the point that nobody is safe and anyone can be killed.

Naturally there would probably be a lot of anger, but it usually subsides after awhile :P

Still unsure about it all.

If it was me; and being a right bastard that I am, I would have Clementine killed off in the first episode and have the player step into the shoes of a new protagonist that you've not seen before.

1. It creates a sense of disbelief, shock and an emotional impact to the start of the season.

2. It would be a hell of a twist, something the players wouldn't expect.

3. It would further hammer the point that nobody is safe and anyone can be killed.

Naturally there would probably be a lot of anger, but it usually subsides after awhile :P

Actually I like that idea. We play as Clem and only do some quicktime events to set the stage, then she gets offed somehow. And you play as someone who knew her or something like that and seek revenge or something.

Archived