The One Stop TileZed Mapping Shop

RingoD123

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT**

If anyone is having issues with rendering, make sure you don't have the wrong/same layer selected accidentally when placing your tiles. I've made that mistake far too often.

000111.JPG.c0cd1aa5da956ce04b34dfd503c8b102.jpg

Edited by YTDoc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

To add onto above, cars are not spawning either. I've named everything exact and even added properties, but nothing's working. (I'm testing this on high car spawns and zombie spawn. The car that's there was manually spawned.image.thumb.png.f0bb0d1914766fa63d450a6b795fdc49.pngimage.png.dfce2e262bce8c9d75a272023696e2cc.png)

Edit: The only spawn I've seen to actually consistently work is "mccoy," and that's up by a construction site.

Edited by NovaShrugs
Update

Different types of zones not working but also having a few/some that do is normally a sign that one of your zones is bad, normally down to using an incorrect tool for the job (such as accidentally using the poly tool instead of the rect tool to make a parkingstall etc) which will stop all zones after it from also loading.

• 3 weeks later...

Additional information about BMP and TMX ( maybe will be interesting for someone )

You guys can use BMP to TMX tool one time in the beginning of creating cell. Why ? Because TMX file is more important file than BMP.

TMX file contains all layers from ground to vegetation layers including layers with your objects. PNG vegetation and ground files ( BMP ) contain only 2 layers.

When you trying to do again for BMP to TMX , layers with your objects ( fences , gates , custom trees , leaves, farm cultures etc. ) will be rewrited and cleared and you will lost your previous created things on the cell forever ( if you didn't make backup of TMX file for cell ).

P.S. In the beginning of creating map I few times rewrite cell and lost progress and I lost motivation to do something. Hope this information will help someone and save time and we will see new maps.

Edited by Nazarito22

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, BastionViktus said:

What should I do in the instance World Edit won't let me use .png or .bmg files? Only will let me select .pzw files (when I have none)

Create a new blank world and make your images bmp files, then use the "maps" window on the right hand side of the screen to navigate to your bmp's (you must have your base and your veg bmps in the same folder and named correctly) and then drag your base bmp over your blank world cells.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 7:41 AM, Nowthere27 said:

For some reason when I try to create a new tile set nothing happens.

If you mean "Tilests...", then you need to put your custom tiles into "2x" folder, restart PZ Modding Tools and tap on "Tilesets..."-->"+"-->"OK" 
And your tiles will be in tile list