Having AI friends.

xjordiboyx

I played a little bit of organ trail (8 bit zombie survival(basically)) and you have the choice to add an extra 3 friends and take care of them as they keep you company (your also allowed to blow their brains out to put them out of their misery) and i thought what about if you could do that in PZ. You can add maybe 1-2 AI Friends in the game and you can choose their play style e.g. Stealth,Ranged,Up close fighter ect. they could choose whether they want to stay or venture out on their own? i understand that this would be very complex to add in the game but something similar would be nice. 

One day, we will have NPCs again.

And hopefully they won't cap my ass with a shotgun on day1, while I'm cooking my first meal, like they did in the previous version :cry: I mean it's not unrealistic but come on! The guy opened the door behind me and instantly blew me away...

And hopefully they won't cap my ass with a shotgun on day1, while I'm cooking my first meal Kitten, like they did in the previous version :cry: I mean it's not unrealistic but come on! The guy opened the door behind me and instantly blew me away...

I wish I could find a copy of one of the older versions that still had NPC's. Only Project Zomboid I know is the current Desura release.

I wish I could find a copy of one of the older versions that still had NPC's. Only Project Zomboid I know is the current Desura release.

Doesn't the old forum still have downloadable builds on various other hosts? If not, a dev or an avid used can probably send you a copy, you just need to figure out which version you need. I had some old (0.2.x) versions archived on my hard drive but recently deleted them.

I totally want a NPC buddy, just one preferably and I want him to be the most annoying man ever.

Oh yes. This is indeed likely to happen. You leave Bob at home to guard the house. You come back 5 hours later and the fridge is empty. And he just looks at you like "whaaat?". :D You take him along for a raid, melee some zombies, glance back over your shoulder when things are heating up... and he's gone. Or you try to sneak past a massive horde and Bob starts firing his pistol (that only has half a clip). Or he smashes a shop window with a brick instead of coming in through the door after you, drawing the attention of a few dozen zombies.

I think we will have all of this and more.  (clyde)

Oh yes. This is indeed likely to happen. You leave Bob at home to guard the house. You come back 5 hours later and the fridge is empty. And he just looks at you like "whaaat?". :D You take him along for a raid, melee some zombies, glance back over your shoulder when things are heating up... and he's gone. Or you try to sneak past a massive horde and Bob starts firing his pistol (that only has half a clip). Or he smashes a shop window with a brick instead of coming in through the door after you, drawing the attention of a few dozen zombies.

I think we will have all of this and more.  (clyde)

Now I can't stop imagining Bob as a stupid klutz.

I checked the old forum, but they were all taken down

Maybe this is a measure to protect the game (those build often didn't have any copy protection). I guess we need to wait for the NPCs to come back. It shouldn't be long.

They were fairly advanced in the last build I saw them. You could talk to them, get them to join you (though most were unfriendly), they were able to fight, they looted on their own (sometimes in teams) etc. They were a bit clumsy, got stuck on structures, took on big hordes instead of running away etc, but generally they did well as human substitutes.

When they come back, they will probably be even more intelligent and varied. (clyde)