Tree Saplings

Gomboid

It would be great if we had the ability to replant saplings after chopping down all trees in an area (sort of like minecraft). Wood is a rather valuable commodity in this game, and being able to sustainably grow new trees would be pretty neat.

Maybe have the ability to find/gather saplings or off cuts tied to farming or foraging, or perhaps a new trait (green thumb)?

I agree with the idea, but practically speaking I don't see the need.

Currently, erosion is set to max out the tree density for an area in only 100 days. Because of this I have never run out of readily available trees for logging. I actually find that too fast and have changed my server to 500 days.

Trees don't grow in a few months, they take years and years to mature to a harvestable point.

If we can start growing trees deliberately, I'd like to grow some fruit trees.

It would be nice if there where already some adult fruit trees somewhere like farms which you could harvest in the right season.

In my opinion tress already grow to fast. The Minecraft mechanic is just stupid if you think about realism, and that is the Point of PZ.

If you want to build a big wooden structure you have to transport the wood or build near it, thats the price you should pay.

Wow, I was just about to run a search for "fruit trees" in the suggestion forums in order to create a topic if there was none... and here are you guys already talking about it. Awesome :)

After today's Mondoid's nutrition announcement, fruits are going to be a really valuable commodity, and currently only available during the first weeks of the game. Would be cool to find fruits trees in your hiking trips, I'd mark the spot in my mind as if it was a treasure!

Growing them would also be cool: a long term goal beyond surviving. In MP, people would tell the tale of the people that planted the trees growing inside the base...  (clyde) I think a year milestone would be awesome. 

Trees do grow back but still gathering saplings or seeds (pinecones) may be neat. plus pine nuts can be food and the pine needles in tea.

Yeah I'm not against the idea of deliberately planting trees, I just don't see the need as a wood source.

Growing fruit/nut trees inside your base as a food source or deliberately planting trees around your safe house to break the line of sight of zombies or would be mauraders would be useful though.