ping 15 000

lan-online

Question

restarts server/client doesnt help.

Also 32/64 bit client makes no difference.

Also the other pz window is spamming "sync llightswitch custom settings :sq is null"

Dunno if its everytime the case, when there are the ping problems, but at least 3 other ppl confirmed me that they got it, at the time the ping goes crazy.

But i guess i had the ping problem also without that message.

Ping on my side is at 12 ms. Two other players are playing with an average of 50 ms. But the lan part can reach 100 000 ms. Restarting the server or the modem didn't work. We tried to desactivate the firewall both side. I also tried to fixed this using Hamachi. Some say it's about chunkdata, which server side (me) doesn't send (upload speed) it enough quickly to the client. I would understand that part if the client was very far from me. In that case, it's LAN...

I found a cause of the client spamming "Sync lightswitch" messages. It happens if you modify a lamp to take a battery while the lamp is turned on.  But those packets are only sent once per turn from the server, it shouldn't hurt anything.

One thing you can do to see if the server is struggling, as admin use the /sendpulse command to display a graph in the bottom-left corner of the screen.  If the bars don't reach the top, or there are any gaps between the bars, it means the server isn't performing as well as it should.

SendPulse.png

I found a cause of the client spamming "Sync lightswitch" messages. It happens if you modify a lamp to take a battery while the lamp is turned on.  But those packets are only sent once per turn from the server, it shouldn't hurt anything.

One thing you can do to see if the server is struggling, as admin use the /sendpulse command to display a graph in the bottom-left corner of the screen.  If the bars don't reach the top, or there are any gaps between the bars, it means the server isn't performing as well as it should.

SendPulse.png

May i ask what that that graph/tool takes into consideration when proving results? /sendpulse

Edit: I figured out that this Message come up for every (or moste of them) lightswitch which is loaded in the players surroundings.

So there is no more need to compare our messages i think.

I got the same prolem on my Nitrado Server. This message sounds like there is an corrupted Lightswitch in the world. 

I think we should compare our messages and the position of the Lightswitches.

Thats mine:

Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11913,6854,0
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11913,6850,1
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11913,6851,1
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11913,6864,0
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11913,6867,0
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11913,6892,0
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11913,6851,0
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11901,6863,0
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11908,6871,1
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11900,6892,0
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11904,6892,0
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11909,6892,0
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11904,6993,0
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=12031,6985,0
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=12071,6807,0
Sync Lightswitch custom settings: sq is null x,y,z=11901,6858,0

I reinstalled Linux and hard disks on my dedicated server. But the players still have problems with ping.

My puls is OK, but Ping a 3k.

Sometimes strip is not fully

puls.jpg

I did not touch the battery but my arm is constantly spamming about "LightSwitch Sync".

I just logged into the server to try that /sendpulse thing.

I got "lucky" that i had directly the ping problem when i logged in.

Ping around 1k, send pulse was reaching everytime the top, but the other pz window didnt show the "lightswitch synch".

So Lightswitch sync, isnt the reason i guess.

No other players were at this time on the server.

Before the update was not a problem. The network does not migrate and nothing tuned. 

No mods, players reinstall the game, steam, the character was removed - no result.

in the list of servers they ping 80k, but on the server quietly played the other 20 players.

Updating was not touched on is responsible for the connection of the players?

Why the same customers depart with large ping?

Where to look for the cause?

It appears in the console

[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

Problem solved too! So lightswitch sync was the problem - no more spams here too and the ping is fine on LAN side!

But what was wrong with the file exaclty?

I believe they will add it in the next update.

Thanx for your help, EasyPickins.

Edit : I relaunched the game after the change and the spams return, so the high ping. Then I put the file back again in zombie/iso/objects, restart the game, still having spams and high ping. There is no spams or high ping unless I move the char of 1 tile.

I tried too the /sendpulse thing. All bars are full and the last one is reapting itself up and down. No one on the server, but yet, I think my computer is  fine to host server, we were just fine before Build 33.13, 14.

Any ''synch'' problem can occur from steam? They just updated it to steam, maybe there's  an issue with steam and the new update?

I also tried to set high priority to the server (CTRL+ALT+DEL) in the task manager window. It did not help.

100 000 ping, i've never seen such a thing really!

edit : I granted my girlfriend as admin to check sendpulse on client side too, nothing went wrong, all bars full, still having incredible high ping. Checked her command window, she has the "Synch lightswitch custom settings :sq is null", it seems to drain a lot of UC and RAM power too.

Usually the player throws or they can not move and bite invisible zombies. There is law - If the player is kicked, the next time you log on to the server with the list of servers it sees 0 Ping. When comes to the server by using sees 80k. 

He can not go to the server for a while, then everything is repeated.

I found old topics about loading chunkdatas and black squares, which are results of a bad ping. There, it says that chunkdatas are server-side, send by the server to the client. Many think its a problem from the server and his upload speed, that the client is not receiving right information from the server and the map is not loading properly, thus increasing ping.

However, if it was the case, I wouldn't be able to run the server we are currently playing on, even before the Build 33 update!

Now that LyghtSwitch Synch problem that appears in every command window starts to be questionnable.

I did not think it could be an issue, but how can't it be a problem if it is spamming all players!?

Here's the problem with blaming the update for the trouble, though: I'm running a server right now with 42 peple on. Zeeks and New Dawn do not appear to have issues, either. I mean, it's possible, I just don't know how we're going to reproduce the issue, at this point.

Is there any chance you guys are getting DDoSed, or its an issue with your ISP?

Archived