Extension Cords

CaptKaspar

How about adding extension cords that you could run from a generator to lights, fridges, radios, etc? Maybe power tools if they are added someday.

Feel free to correct me, I don't often use generators in game, but generators need to be placed adjacent to a pre-existing building to work the electrical demands of that building. What if you built your own safe house and want to power a fridge that you dragged over with the upcoming furniture moving update? What if I want to power the lights that I put up on my catwalk? What about that radio that I grabbed?

Currently, it's unrealistic how placing a generator next to a building powers that building anyways. This may be a gameplay design simplicity sort of thing, but it doesn't reflect reality. In the real world you would need to connect your devices to it, at the least have an electrical panel that you connect the generator to.

This would require the player to do more looting, thus making the game more difficult and risky. It would also make it more realistic. Double win IMO.

I personally LOVE this idea. It would add a bit of strategy to the placement of generators, if it has a built in cord what do you want to power?

The kitchen or the TV/radio? Or the lights?

It would be interesting (Especially if the genny had a limit to how many objects it could power, via an outlet number)

Could also lead to multiple sizes of generators, like small (Powers 1 thing) Average (Current, Powers 3-4 things) and large (Powers 6-8 Things.)

To sum up, I like the idea.

I know generators are able to be set up to power many things at once in a house, but I'm not sure how. Maybe you literally just plug in important things to the generator, idk. It would be cool if all houses have a fuse box that we could tap into to power different sections of a house, i.e. Kitchen, upstairs, living room. Also, this is Kentucky. Every house should have a garage, and this is where the fuse box could normally be.

I know generators are able to be set up to power many things at once in a house, but I'm not sure how. Maybe you literally just plug in important things to the generator, idk. It would be cool if all houses have a fuse box that we could tap into to power different sections of a house, i.e. Kitchen, upstairs, living room. Also, this is Kentucky. Every house should have a garage, and this is where the fuse box could normally be.

Maybe if you are not an engineer you can only plug devices directly into the genny, and being an engineer allows powering the whole house.

It would be cool if gennys had outlets AND a max wattage/voltage so you would have to ration fuel and energy.