Weight gain.

Bennytheowl

I've been playing a character out in the middle of nowhere and living off the land and it has hit the winter so there are no berries or mushrooms to eat so I was thinking...

What if you could fatten up your character before winter hits so they have more calories to burn when food becomes hard to find? I know it's kind of hard to simulate considering you can die from starvation in under a week on this game and it takes way longer in real life but I still think it's something to consider. Plus you could be a slow running fatass and have huge overweight zombies.

edit: I don't think it's too complicated really.

Eating when full = fat

fat = longer period between very hungry and starving or just a slower depletion of health when starving.

As mentioned in a Mondoid, the actual hunger system may revamped in the future. I remember RJ mentioning something a bit more realistic to avoid people surviving thanks to a daily 1/4 of a bag of chips, come kind of "diet quality" system. He also said a calories system would require too much changes and micromanagement to be implemented.

Too complicated IMO, might as well add a full blown nutrition system. 

This is actually planned

It is, but its pushed back after NPC's

you know that if the NPCs pushed back the nutrition system, that would mean having even more work right?

That means you would need to code the NPCs first with the current hunger system, adding the NPCs, later removing the old hunger system and add the new nutrition system.

This is actually planned

you know that if the NPCs pushed back the nutrition system, that would mean having even more work right?

That means you would need to code the NPCs first with the current hunger system, adding the NPCs, later removing the old hunger system and add the new nutrition system.

I don't believe that NPC's ought to have the same needs as the player for most of the game modes, they'd all die too quickly unless they make farms.

This is actually planned

I don't believe that NPC's ought to have the same needs as the player for most of the game modes, they'd all die too quickly unless they make farms.

The NPCs play by the same rules that the players do.

They will make farms, they will loot for food, they will die for the same exact same stuff we can die from (hunger, thirst, disease, maybe bleach if other NPC poisons other NPC because he is a dick or it helps him achieve a goal).

So yeah, all NPCs play by the same rules.

This is actually planned

I actually disagree with this completely

I would love for the NPC's to have all the same needs as the player, it makes it feel like we're on more even footing and if you're in a group managing all the resources would be fun.

Also, I'm pretty sure the nutrition system is planned to be overhauled before NPC's arrive.

This is actually planned

I'm not sure you have the right comprehension of what TIS is trying to do with these NPCs. They will not be run of the mill NPCs like in you find in other games.They are going to exist in the same world as us and TIS reports that they are going to have all the same abilities, needs, and hindrances that we have.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but don't be surprised when they release something different.

Some will farm, some will scavenge, some will do both.