Brewing in a Barrel

nightmare

The only problem with this is ingredients, where you get them in zombie apocalypse scenario.

Also when you are in constant danger because of zombies and other survivors then you don't think about luxuries like a beer etc, but overall nice idea but i would like to see possibility to make pickled cabbage in a barrel more.

The only problem with this is ingredients, where you get them in zombie apocalypse scenario.

Also when you are in constant danger because of zombies and other survivors then you don't think about luxuries like a beer etc, but overall nice idea but i would like to see possibility to make pickled cabbage in a barrel more.

I beg to differ. Once a base is up and the area is clear I imagine a lot of people would be trying to settle down and make the most of their lives.

Mmm, nothing like a lukewarm beer (assuming there is no electricity) after a few hours of chopping wood to take the edge off :)

I like the idea, could be a good balance to tainted water (maybe depending on the level of fermenting?).

Suggestion : could be linked to cooking wich would increase the product quality.  Low level of cooking might result in a disgusting (some unhapiness), yet drinkable brew.  High level might give happiness instead.

Making alcoholic beverages is quite easy. All you need is an airtight container that allows the CO2 to excape and something that contains sugar in a water solution. Fruits and refined sugar are already in the game. The starch in potatoes or bread is another viable source too. I know from a friends grandmother that you can make alcohol even out of tomatoes. Depending on what ingredients you use, you might need to add some yeast, but thats also in the game already. The only thing missing so far is a proper container. With a distillery, you could then turn it into moonshine.

Damn, I realise now, that there is no moonshine in the game. I mean, this is supposed to be Kentucky, right?

• 3 months later...

i like the idea but i dont fully see the use since alcohol has no real use besides making you a little happy and drunk.

It's a way of having safe water. Here's some advice for some really good cider. Don't bother filtering the bits of apple out of it. Leave the barrels outside open to the elements in the summer. If you like you can leave a dead chicken floating in the cider. You'll get the odd wasp in your mug, but you can just take it out if you don't want the protein.

i like the idea but i dont fully see the use since alcohol has no real use besides making you a little happy and drunk.

It's a way of having safe water. Here's some advice for some really good cider. Don't bother filtering the bits of apple out of it. Leave the barrels outside open to the elements in the summer. If you like you can leave a dead chicken floating in the cider. You'll get the odd wasp in your mug, but you can just take it out if you don't want the protein.

well still, alcohol needs more of a use (as in drinking alcohol.)