Cooking Suggestions

Zourin

I'll keep it short tonight. I've got to start another test game 'cause zombies infiltrated my no-zombie test save. In short, cooking is really short-changed by the (un)availability of fresh produce, water, and power.

- Add Cabbages, Tomatoes, and Potatoes to the list of items that can be made into a soup. They're feeling left out.

- Similar to the Soups, who doesn't want a salad? Similar to the 'mix and match of soups, allow players to use some of the other ingredients like apples, strawberries, berries, radishes, cabbage, tomatos, and carrots. (boring salad, etc) Just needs some bowls and a kitchen knife.

- Split Sundae! Bannana + Ice Cream + Bowl = Win

- Hot Chocolate - Mug of Water + Chocolate Bar, then cook

- Trail Mix - Berries/strawberries + Chocolate Bar + Cereal + Popcorn

- Bread! Flour + Sugar + Bowl of Water, then cook

- Watermelon seeds! (Not an original idea, but I'm going to shamelessly plug my love of shamelessly plugging watermelons!)

- Make screwdrivers (and hammers, in an unrelated but equally important note) more common, for crepes sake. It's only found in just about every household ever.. and once the power goes, good luck getting a campfire going without one! Using can openers isn't cooking.

I tend to be a bit of a purist in all but the most dire of situations, so I prefer to play as the developers intended (Or die, as the case may be) rather than mod things up. That and I usually wind up with delusions of grandeur I never quite finish and wind up with a few MB's of half-baked files.

Berry preserve would be awesome (a reason to grow strawberries!)

- Similar to the Soups, who doesn't want a salad? Similar to the 'mix and match of soups, allow players to use some of the other ingredients like apples, strawberries, berries, radishes, cabbage, tomatos, and carrots. (boring salad, etc) Just needs some bowls and a kitchen knife.

Now I'm not speaking on behalf of the game developers here so I cannot guarantee salads will be implemented, but I did see(and translated) mixed salad in the items.lua

• 1 month later...

Speaking of cabbage, I suggest "sauerkraut" as a way to perhaps marginally increase the hunger reduction of cabbage, but more importantly to prevent cabbage from spoiling.  Naturally-fermented sauerkraut (i.e. not just cabbage + vinegar) is capable of lasting for a long time, provided you can keep it away from oxygen (e.g. keep the cabbage submerged underwater) and let carbon dioxide escape (otherwise pressure buildup would destroy container).  Would need some sort of storage container though...could maybe use a cooking pot + water.  I don't have any experience with modding, but if someone is interested in implementing it, I'd be interested in seeing how it works.