PZ Vehicles

sionbarzarhd

T'would be nice to see, might be abit trouble-some to code for turning. moving, and collision with walls/zombies, although it'd be lovely to see, I know it's a hell of a hard thing to code though, and since I've only coded a small 2D Platforming game in flash and found that complicated.... GOODLUCK! XD

Would have to figure out a way in which to change the sprite for the player first -- something that appears simple until you realise, somewhere and in multiple locations within Java, something decides to test if an object is of type IsoPlayer rather than IsoZombie and acts on hard-coded values to determine how to render it (. . . "Bob" + "_run" + index . . .).

One day.

I'm actually curious how they're going to do it... They COULD do it with the current sprite system but it would look iffy.. Maybe if they added an extra 8 directions or so? It would make it look a lot smoother, right? I dunno i'm not a dev so all I can say is.. Good luck... XD

Would have to figure out a way in which to change the sprite for the player first -- something that appears simple until you realise, somewhere and in multiple locations within Java, something decides to test if an object is of type IsoPlayer rather than IsoZombie and acts on hard-coded values to determine how to render it (. . . "Bob" + "_run" + index . . .).

One day.

Ah, you need to think outside the box EG!

Imagine an invisible player character and setting his location to being where your lua driven vehicle object is each frame :P

I'm actually curious how they're going to do it... They COULD do it with the current sprite system but it would look iffy.. Maybe if they added an extra 8 directions or so? It would make it look a lot smoother, right? I dunno i'm not a dev so all I can say is.. Good luck... XD

An extra set of directions IS what we are considering for vehicles, actually.

I'm honored that my Post was answered by Lemmy, Twice even! That's why I love PZ, You never feel on another planet than the devs! The only problem I can see with the invisible character, is Zombies going through the sprite, unless you can turn collision on and off when the car sprite appears? :o.

I'd rather have the old GTA style controls for the car, something different from character movement.

So, in that sense - you hold W to go the way the sprite is facing, press A or D to steer left/right. S is, of course, reverse.

I very much like this idea! The only other thing then would be running zombies over, and not being invincible if you just idle in the car. Otherwise, A VEHICLE FUTURE IS NEAR! And definitely needed, I personally don't like running through thre whole of Muldraugh.. .You know... S'kinda... big.