How to use log stacks?

DrummerB

Since version 30 it's possible to use a rope and logs to make log stacks.

Added logs stacks recipe: 2 logs and 2 ropes to make a logs stack that weight 1/3 less (also with 3 and 4 logs/ropes)

How are you supposed to use this recipe, when 2 logs are already enough to trigger the Extremely Heavy Load, threatening back injuries? Not to mention 3 or 4 logs.

How do back injuries work? Do you suddenly just break your spine and die? Or is it more like an illness that you can cure by eating?

You can walk with extremely heavy load for some time before back injury (if that even works, I never had it) also, you can equip Logs in Primary and Secondary slots what reduces their weight a lot (enough to remove the Heavy Load related moodles).

You should not be afraid to pick up those logs and make a stack, in the time required for that you'll definitely NOT get back injury. ;)

Edit: Started a new game to do a quick test. I am now convinced It's impossible to get back injury, walked around for 6 in-game hours with 48\50 load [5 logs], killed some zeds, ran up and down the stairs until I had extreme exhaustion moodle, nothing.

if you have 2 ropes and 2 logs, go to your inventory, click the log and look for the option to Bind the logs. this will reduce the weight drastically, to the point that i have had 8 ropes with me before and i was able to bind 4 logs into one stack, and 3 logs into a different stack (the ropes weight and other inventory prevented me from getting 8 logs/ 2 stacks of 4)

when you get home, go the stacks and Unbind them, from there you can saw them.

Also don't forget that you can put a log stack into a container, depending on size, or drop it on the ground, which can allow you to pick up more logs and bind them into stacks as well.  Then with log stacks in container and inventory, you can carry your spoils home.  While it's probably faster to just move one stack at a time if you're close to your home base and don't have the Strong trait, if you're having to go a distance to log, this can be a real time saver on trips.

Back injuries??

Do they really exist?  Its a new one on me

Certainly used to.

Could crush you to death.

They key is to put it all in your groin and your back, take your legs totally out of the equation.  Lift with your lower back in a jerking, twisting motion.  ~Peter Griffin