A use for all those shoes......

Moose65

When killing zombies, its pretty disappointing to know that there is nothing you can possibly use all those shoes for. Would it be realistic to use the shoe laces as a twine replacement in great quantities? Or perhaps another use, to make renewable fishing line for fishing? (although with the makeshift spear that might not be needed anymore).

There should be some useful thing that we can do with all these shoes!

Yo can do some things with shoes in real life. You can use them as fuel for a campfire, or put them on the ground so people may fall when walking over them, or using them to move water, or fill them with dirt and use them as pots...

Seen the Z Nation TV show? There is a kid in there that uses the soles of boots as makeshift shoulder protectors. They look pretty effective.

Isn't Z nation that show made by the infamous "The asylum", the ones that made that "sharknado" movie? I was... "impressed" when i saw that "ninja newborn"

Heh.  I gotta be honest...I don't see any need to make a use for them in game other than the obvious (IE replacement footwear).   While it's true that in a world of limited resources it would be possible to devise some use for old shoes, but in the world of PZ there are so many other abandoned resources available to fulfill those roles that it doesn't seem like a good use of developer time to explore the world of repurposed shoes :)

Isn't Z nation that show made by the infamous "The asylum", the ones that made that "sharknado" movie? I was... "impressed" when i saw that "ninja newborn"

Yup. If you are looking for a replacement to The Walking Dead, it ain't it. If you are looking for a few laughs and some stereotypical over the top zombie killing and one liners (they smash a bunch of zombies with The Liberty Bell - followed by "I'd pay money to see that again!") its definitely worth checking out.

IMO it's not really about whether or not there are things on a shoe that could be useful.  In fact the evidence is pretty conclusive that there are many uses for an old shoe.  Instead the question is whether or not it's a good use of developer time to implement it since anything a shoe can be used for can be done better by some other object in game :)  That also brings up what I was trying to get at in my last post - if you were on a desert island with like one palm tree and a bunch of sand, then it might be worth figuring out what you could do with your shoes.  If on the other hand you are in a deserted town, your time is probably better spent going through the huge pile of salvage that makes available to you throughout the town than it is to sit in a chair and try and figure out if you can make fishing line out of your boot laces.