Suomiboi

Umbrella Mod (v0.11)

umbrellaposter_zpsd37b695b.png

This mod adds umbrellas to the world of Zomboid. Umbrellas keep you somewhat dry when it's raining. You might get a little damp, but no fear of catching cold anymore!!

Use:

As you find umbrellas they are closed and can be used as a very flimsy stabbing weapon.

OpenUmbrella1_zps19c64885.png

When you open an umbrella you can use it as cover from the rain by equipping it either in your primary or secondary slot.

umbrellaPrimary2_zpse0dd18e4.png

You can also close the umbrella to use it as a weapon again.

CloseUmbrella1_zps3c631cac.png

This mod will only work from version 2.9.9.17 upwards. It has been tested on 2.9.9.17 (0014).

Download from pz-mods.net

Have fun!! :)

Known bugs:

• You can open and close broken closed umbrellas for infinite use. Don't cheat!
  • I'm sure there was something else that I'm forgetting... hmh..well. I guess it was nothing.
  • Let me know if you find some!
  • atm I'm using the OnPlayerUpdate event to launch the functions, so if you see a noticeable fps drop please contact me for a work-around.

Changelog:

v0.11

• Added umbrellas. duh.
  • Umbrellas can be opened and closed.
  • Closed umbrellas can be used as a weapon.
  • Open umbrellas, when equipped either primary or secondary, prevents player from getting wet.

Please feel free to contact me on anything conserning the mod or about pretty much anything else in life. :)

MODS_03.png

Here comes the deadly small print! Muhahahahaa!!

If I'm lost for at least 4 months this is up for grabs! In that case, remember to put credit where due.

The zombie umbrella (poster) image is not to be distributed or used without specific permission from the author, even if the 4 months has passed.

Special thanks:

Kinyoshi: For getting me back on track with his code from the raincoat mod!

RegularX, Kjulo: For making their mods so I could learn some lua!

Aricane: For PZ-mods hosting and mods that I've used for learning lua!

RoboMat: Extra-special thanks for guiding me through some of the high learning curve I've been up against and for great mods!!

• 3 months later...

If I'm lost for at least 4 months this is up for grabs! In that case, remember to put credit where due.

It has beeen 4 months! Any plans to update this mod (?) as I think it is an excellent idea!! I hate having to duck inside a Zed infested hell hole just to avoid the rain...

does this mod work with build 23? (i.e. steam...)

It should work with build 23 I haven't tested it specifically, but it has mod loader support.

With the 4 months I meant me being inactive on the forums... That being said, anyone who's willing can contact me if they want to continue the mod.

I'm having a slight problem of fried motherboard at the moment, so I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to even try working on this for quite a while. :(

There was a raincoat mod by kinyoshi, but I think that's outdated. I might do it if I have some spare time at some point.

I actually already made one working version for myself, but accidentally deleted it when I cleaned up my rom. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was getting frustrated at having to dip and dodge inside buildings whenever it rained like there was acid falling from the sky so I downloaded your mod and tweaked it to form a hybrid between your Umbrella Mod and Kinyoshi's Raincoat Mod that actually works in Build 26.

I saw that you had on your original post that if the mod wasn't touched for over 4 months you'd be ok with someone taking it over so long as they gave you credit.  I wouldn't want to take over the responsibility and I definitely didn't change enough of the original code to claim it as my own over your or Kinyoshi's script work, but if you're ok with me putting what I've thrown together up for download with credit to both of you, I'd happily provide my version to the community through this thread.

I call the mod I "frankensteined" out of this "Rain Parka Mod."  It uses a recolored version of Kinyoshi's raincoat texture with your equippable to primary or secondary slot scripts to make a semi-wearable raincoat.  I also re-wrote the distribution file to, while staying sufficiently rare, allow the parkas to spawn in a few extra places that I thought seemed logical (ie. - the clothing store, the laundrymat, a rare spawn in some convenience marts, etc,).

Let me know what you think and, if this proposal is acceptable, I'll happily put my mod up for download or send you a copy to modify as you see fit.

Great work on the original mod, btw, I could never have written a mod like this on my own.  Big props to you and Kinyoshi!

Cool that you're liking it! :)

Yea you can post the mod with credits on my part, but only if you also get permission from Kinyoshi! I don't want to get in between of anything... However you can upload just the umbrella part here if you want to/or can't get Kinyoshi's permission.

Oh, and however you decide, thanks for the work! :P I've been too damn busy to update this and I've already got my head too deep in some other stuff that I'm going to do, so it's great that you've taken the time to update this, even if for your own pleasure! :)

Cool that you're liking it! :)

Yea you can post the mod with credits on my part, but only if you also get permission from Kinyoshi! I don't want to get in between of anything... However you can upload just the umbrella part here if you want to/or can't get Kinyoshi's permission.

Oh, and however you decide, thanks for the work! :P I've been too damn busy to update this and I've already got my head too deep in some other stuff that I'm going to do, so it's great that you've taken the time to update this, even if for your own pleasure! :)

Kinyoshi hasn't been back to the forum to check my message yet but I started playing around with the code and managed to make a few changes that I think will make this mod releasable (at least as a WIP).

I removed any and all assets I used from Kinyoshi's original script work and art and managed to make wearable, functional rain parkas that come in all the colors shirts can spawn in.  The only issue I'm stumped on right now is that, by coding them to be wearable, the Lua doesn't seem to want to recognize any custom art (I made a new sprite for it from scratch).  The colors are still readily recognizable by the color of the "?" icon the game replaces it with but it will not load my sprite unless I remove the code that makes them wearable again, lol.

Thanks for giving me your blessing to release the mod based on your work!  I've tried to provide ample credit to you at every opportunity in the mod's scripts.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10.11.2018 at 7:48 AM, bobthejob said:

pzmods redirects me to cream cheese advertisements and skyrim mods like the web page has been abandoned. Please post direct link for mod? Thank you! :)

Sry but I don't have the mod files at hand anymore. I've been on a long PZ hibernation. I'll try to dig the files someday if I have the time.