Ladders

theoworks

I don't think this has been mentioned before (i did a search but came up blank) but what about ladders?

could ladders be implemented like sheet ropes?

Plus they are portable so one could roam the city and live off different parts, then move on.

I dont like the portable part, no ladders are portable, but you should be able to craft them,they would stay in the same place , it would work like sheet ropes, you would go at the same speed (unless you have the strong or stout perk), but you could use them from the bottom, while sheet ropes can only be used from above.

Of course, stairs still have the advantage, as it is alot faster to go up them.

^ Exactly.

I really don't see a reason it shouldn't be in game, besides the animation(s) of climbing/carrying it probably being a PITA. But to use it to climb up a barricaded base or reach roofs without having to go inside upstairs (say there was a horde inside and the only way in was through the roof) A stepladder as well as a regular ladder would be useful because aren't we supposed to (hopefully) be able to strip batteries and other components out of alarms and other electrical equipment in the far future?

^ Exactly. I really don't see a reason it shouldn't be in game, besides the animation(s) of climbing/carrying it probably being a PITA. But to use it to climb up a barricaded base or reach roofs without having to go inside upstairs (say there was a horde inside and the only way in was through the roof) A stepladder as well as a regular ladder would be useful because aren't we supposed to (hopefully) be able to strip batteries and other components out of alarms and other electrical equipment in the far future?

When did I ever say I didn't want it in the game?

^ Exactly. I really don't see a reason it shouldn't be in game, besides the animation(s) of climbing/carrying it probably being a PITA. But to use it to climb up a barricaded base or reach roofs without having to go inside upstairs (say there was a horde inside and the only way in was through the roof) A stepladder as well as a regular ladder would be useful because aren't we supposed to (hopefully) be able to strip batteries and other components out of alarms and other electrical equipment in the far future?

When did I ever say I didn't want it in the game?

I never said you didn't want them in the game. I was making a completely different point related to the suggestion.

Maybe the edit makes it better now.

I dont like the portable part, no ladders are portable

Plenty of ladders are portable.

Yeah, it would be pretty easy to carry a giant ladder through a zombie infested town, with it slowing you down, making you more vulnerable, and how would you fight back?

You would drop the ladder down to fight and/or run, and perhaps return for the ladder later. Just like you would with any unwieldy object in real life. That doesn't mean they're magically not portable. It just means they're difficult to carry.

I don't think this has been mentioned before (i did a search but came up blank) but what about ladders?

could ladders be implemented like sheet ropes?

Plus they are portable so one could roam the city and live off different parts, then move on.

Moved this thread to suggestions :-)

yup. It be neat if ladders were added, craftable and portable. To balance the portability it could have a large weight value of around 8-12 so that its a nuisance to carry around. Probably set a restriction that it can't be placed in containers (unless they were big enough like wardrobes to put fold-able ladders) or bags to simulate the idea that you would be carrying it. To further balance they would only be long enough so that you can get to a second floor.

As for crafting them, cut plank into two small planks to be used as "steps": 8-12 planks for the side poles, 7-15 small planks, 38-66 nails. And you would need a saw, hammer and a LOT of time. It could be like 11-19 planks to skip the part for making steps. Pretty standard considering it requires 8 planks to make a stair case in-game currently.

The only ladders that aren't portable are the ones welded, nailed, or otherwise secured to the side of something else. Some ladders might be more unwieldy than others, but most ladders are portable to some degree or another. As in, they can be picked up and carried. And if you see a zed? Just drop it. Dropping a ladder isn't that difficult. I know, I've tried.

Some ladders are more lightly designed than others. I've owned a ladder that was light enough to run with once I had it picked up and balanced on my shoulder.

Liked and wanted.

Quote from T.V. series, "The Boondocks", that states exactly what I would say to the ladder.

"I like you, and I want you, now we can do this the easy way, or the hard way,

Your choice." :lol:  (Sounds perverted, but maybe, just maybe, it isn't. ;) )

The Hard Way. xD

Liked and wanted.

Quote from T.V. series, "The Boondocks", that states exactly what I would say to the ladder.

The Hard Way. xD

*waits for the boondocks to be over, Attack on Titan comes on*

quote:

"HOW DARE YOU ASK!? ON TOP OF THE LADDER IS MY BIRTHRIGHT!!!!"

Liked and wanted.

The Hard Way. xD

*waits for the boondocks to be over, Attack on Titan comes on*

quote:

"HOW DARE YOU ASK!? ON TOP OF THE LADDER IS MY BIRTHRIGHT!

Watches Game of thrones, "Chaos isn't a pit, it's a ladder." You picked the most dangerous job, my friend. Now stand on that ladder!