how do you add mods to a server?

956Texas

I did i found it confussing.

All i do is put mods in server ini and activate them right?

Bedfordfalls should be put as a mod aswell?

Bedfordfalls is not set up in a modding structure, so you can just put it in your games and servers base file without adding it to the mod part of the ini if I'm not mistaken.

• 1 month later...

an answer would be good, but an all inclusive tutorial sticky would be best, covering the home servers, Hamachi, and rented Dedicated servers using a TC Admin panel.

was hoping for info about this dilemma many of  us deal with in the last APZDTISA, but no luck

Not much of a tutorial necessary.

Place mods in the zomboid\mods folder.
Go to your server's folder (defaults to zomboid\server\)

Open servertest.ini
Add

Mods=MyModID1;MyMODID2

where MyModID is actually the mod's ID, not it's name or  folder. You can find it in the mod.info file of the respective mod.

Assuming the mod is actually compatible with multiplayer for build 27 forward (hint, you have to convert BedfordFalls to the correct format), that's it.

To convert it, follow Easy's advice here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/10422-bedford-map-issue/?p=129596 or wait until, one day, the mod is up to date.

an answer would be good, but an all inclusive tutorial sticky would be best, covering the home servers, Hamachi, and rented Dedicated servers using a TC Admin panel.

Home servers are covered in the MP FAQ, Don't use Hamachi so I don't know. As for TC Admin, there's no point since just about every provider has different levels of access and features for each game that there is just about no point in covering it.