What type of clothing do you want to see?

Necromatic_Corgi

Yeah that was my mistake. And rucksacks would be cool, Although I doubt they will have a 3D model like backpacks are getting, Maybe different colors though.

Backpacks are finally getting visual representation. I didn't know about that. That would be great!

Yeah, Didn't you see the mondoid???

"There’s been a fair bit of discussion on The Indie Stone and Steam forums about possibilities in character customisation now that we’ve got real-time 3D models in-game. We hope to get the 3D models into the character creation screens reasonably soon, so that it’s not necessary to squint and use a magnifying glass in order to decide what your character looks like. Also, the topic of much discussion was the possibility of visible backpacks.

This is something we’d definitely like to add and although it seems entirely cosmetic, there are gameplay reasons why it would be nice, certainly in multiplayer where you might want to “liberate” the backpack from another player – a backpackless character almost certainly carries little of value and might therefore be somewhat more safe wandering about (apart from all the zombies, obv).

This, and more clothing variation is something which I’m going to spend the next few weeks working on since for too long have you had just the choice of vest or sweater, trousers or skirt (if you’re female). We’ve got lovely big clothing stores in the new mall and it’d be a bit rubbish if all they stocked were the same sweaters. We’re also keen to enable female clothing on males and vice versa since, well, why not? More clothing types also means that we can start implementing more clothing effects (currently limited to “sweater makes you hot, vest cools you down”). Practical clothing choices in terms of minimising scratches is an important yet currently horribly under-developed aspect of the game." So yeah, It will be done in the future.

Yeah that was my mistake. And rucksacks would be cool, Although I doubt they will have a 3D model like backpacks are getting, Maybe different colors though.

Backpacks are finally getting visual representation. I didn't know about that. That would be great!

"There’s been a fair bit of discussion on The Indie Stone and Steam forums about possibilities in character customisation now that we’ve got real-time 3D models in-game. We hope to get the 3D models into the character creation screens reasonably soon, so that it’s not necessary to squint and use a magnifying glass in order to decide what your character looks like. Also, the topic of much discussion was the possibility of visible backpacks.

This is something we’d definitely like to add and although it seems entirely cosmetic, there are gameplay reasons why it would be nice, certainly in multiplayer where you might want to “liberate” the backpack from another player – a backpackless character almost certainly carries little of value and might therefore be somewhat more safe wandering about (apart from all the zombies, obv).

This, and more clothing variation is something which I’m going to spend the next few weeks working on since for too long have you had just the choice of vest or sweater, trousers or skirt (if you’re female). We’ve got lovely big clothing stores in the new mall and it’d be a bit rubbish if all they stocked were the same sweaters. We’re also keen to enable female clothing on males and vice versa since, well, why not? More clothing types also means that we can start implementing more clothing effects (currently limited to “sweater makes you hot, vest cools you down”). Practical clothing choices in terms of minimising scratches is an important yet currently horribly under-developed aspect of the game." So yeah, It will be done in the future.

Wow, that's awesome how we are finally going to see more detail in the cosmetic aspect of the game. I must have missed this Mondoid. Thanks for posting that part up!

Wow, that's awesome how we are finally going to see more detail in the cosmetic aspect of the game. I must have missed this Mondoid. Thanks for posting that part up!

No problem :D It's deffo gonna be awesome when they are added, I hope there will be layers so you could wear a t-shirt of your choice and a jacket.

I hope that it would be possible to mod in the model for the rucksacks and stuff like that in the future.

I hope that it would be possible to mod in the model for the rucksacks and stuff like that in the future.

Well I think that you would have to know how to make 3D models and then convert them into some strange format for pz to reconize them

I would want hats, which could help with cooling you off and for cosmetic purposes. Also, perhaps there could be an intimidation mechanic among the NPCs if this is implemented, where say if a character was wearing a face-covering and all black, he would be more likely to illicit fear in NPCs than if he were in a hot pink vest and shorts. This would decrease the chances of NPCs attacking you but would also make friendly interactions more difficult and NPCs with fear-inducing traits may even attack you if you get near.

I would want hats, which could help with cooling you off and for cosmetic purposes. Also, perhaps there could be an intimidation mechanic among the NPCs if this is implemented, where say if a character was wearing a face-covering and all black, he would be more likely to illicit fear in NPCs than if he were in a hot pink vest and shorts. This would decrease the chances of NPCs attacking you but would also make friendly interactions more difficult and NPCs with fear-inducing traits may even attack you if you get near.

That just made me giggle a little. I definitely wouldn't be intimidated by someone in a hot pink vest and shorts. Maybe a shotgun wielding naked man. :P

I like that, remember when more variety in clothing for zeds was suggested? It was in the topic with carnivals and if someone were dressed like a clown in PZ, with a sledgehammer. I would obey them.

Now on the serious side: Someone with a full backpack, some guns and a mask of some sorts should cause certain characters to gain the panic moodle. If you were in a group, it could be reduced slightly but if someone in your group were to deny their orders it could fluctuate etc.. Makes sense, there would always be that person trying to play hero in the group and ends up getting themselves killed. You have to calm them down pretty much.

That just made me giggle a little. I definitely wouldn't be intimidated by someone in a hot pink vest and shorts. Maybe a shotgun wielding naked man. :P

I like that, remember when more variety in clothing for zeds was suggested? It was in the topic with carnivals and if someone were dressed like a clown in PZ, with a sledgehammer. I would obey them.

Now on the serious side: Someone with a full backpack, some guns and a mask of some sorts should cause certain characters to gain the panic moodle. If you were in a group, it could be reduced slightly but if someone in your group were to deny their orders it could fluctuate etc.. Makes sense, there would always be that person trying to play hero in the group and ends up getting themselves killed. You have to calm them down pretty much.

That would be really awesome, I could see myself walking up to a camp with survivors, Then get them to give me their food or I would kill them, Then after they gave me their food I would kill them all...Yeah, I play evil characters :D

As far as hats go, here are some of my ideas:

• Baseball Cap - Common and familiar, this probably would do poor in intimidation, but it's a classic, who doesn't like that?

• Military Cap (personal favorite) and matching Army Variant - similar to baseball cap, but maybe it'd provide more intimidation.

Hunting Cap - Perhaps this would provide hunting perks, maybe some intimidation here, not sure.

Fedora - This would provide virtually no benefit, but hey, maybe survivors like the guy/gal with the slick fedora?

• Ski Mask - Very limiting on your hearing and may impede on vision, but frick is this intimidiating!

Outdoorsman Hat - This may assist in outdoor ventures such as prolonged protection from rain, little intimidation.

Summer Hat - This is honestly a cry for help, if anything, that intimidation mechanic would be reversed here. But hey, it'd work great with your hot pink vest!

As per other garments, I'd like to see:

• Cotton T-shirts

• Hoodies and Jackets

• Winter Coat

• Kevlar Vest

• Military Jacket

• Leather Jacket

• Tank Top

• Polo Shirt/Henley

I hope there might actually be a vary in shoes. I'd like to wear boots, wellingtons etc.. (especially when the new wilderness arrives)

Oh yes lol. I would love to have boots. Along with sneakers and skate shoes. Lot's of hats and new clothes..Ugh I want this and the wilderness update to happen so badly :(

Military-style caps, hunting/fishing vests with lots of pockets (some small buff to accessing your inventory? Purely cosmetic is fine though), and messenger bags/satchels would be nice things to see. Especially if you can swing a satchel as a melee weapon :P

Hell, thing I want to see the most at the moment is the ability to strap bedrolls and tents to the outside of a hiking backpack. Nothing screams survivor like a person with camping equipment strapped to their bag and a weapon slung over a shoulder.

Oh, and don't forget the boonie hat. Wilderness classic right there.

Military-style caps, hunting/fishing vests with lots of pockets (some small buff to accessing your inventory? Purely cosmetic is fine though), and messenger bags/satchels would be nice things to see. Especially if you can swing a satchel as a melee weapon :P

Hell, thing I want to see the most at the moment is the ability to strap bedrolls and tents to the outside of a hiking backpack. Nothing screams survivor like a person with camping equipment strapped to their bag and a weapon slung over a shoulder.

Oh, and don't forget the boonie hat. Wilderness classic right there.

All of those and then some :D

I want to see a more noticeable difference in colors. Sometimes the color shown doesn't look exactly like it should when you're wearing it. I'd also like different options as far as shoes are concerned.

Yeah instead of the same old loafer looking things on your feet, How about some boots and tennishoes

I want to see a more noticeable difference in colors. Sometimes the color shown doesn't look exactly like it should when you're wearing it. I'd also like different options as far as shoes are concerned.

Yeah instead of the same old loafer looking things on your feet, How about some boots and tennishoes

That'd be nice! Hell, I'd even opt for high-heels for the girls! Just anything to make characters stand out a lot more. Speaking on the color issue, I also find that to be true with some of the hair color choices. Blond especially just looks.. off?

That'd be nice! Hell, I'd even opt for high-heels for the girls! Just anything to name characters stand out a lot more. Speaking on the color issue, I also find that to be true with some of the hair color choices. Blond especially just looks.. off?

I would also enjoy lots of new body types, Faces, Hairsyles, And beards. :D