Why doesn't PZ go by Eastern Daylight Time?

Rikashey

The amount of entitlement from you is disgusting. The calendar use has nothing to do with that being the accepted calendar in America. Sorry, the world doesn't revolve around America. That calendar is used because the vast majority of the world uses and understands it, and because that's the decision the devs made.

At the end of the day, if you refuse to accept reason and continue to be snippy and dismissive of what the entire thread full of people are telling you, then the answer is: Just deal with it. It is what it is because TIS designed the game and TIS says so. We've given you the reason, if you don't like it, too bad.

And because this, since you seem intent on ignoring anything relevant to the discussion:

and because in a game where you can't see the sun it's important to have an accurate representative of the time.

Since the clock is not meant to represent any IN GAME concept (it's for the player, not the character) it doesn't matter whether this is Kentucky or Nova Scotia.

Why? Why does the in-game calendar go by the Gregorian calendar (the one we use in the U.S) and not say... the Chinese calendar? Does it actually matter what time system or calendar is in use in-game? Yes, it does matter. The game is based in Kentucky and everything in-game and lore-wise is base around being in that part of the world.

Woah! Careful there, I don't think I've ever seen a logical fallacy so great.

Anyway, this time system is easy as ABC to get. Between 00:00 and 12:00 it's am, after that it's pm. I don't see the point of complaining about it.

Jokes aside, we used to get quite a few threads about this being difficult for people to work with (moreso in the sense that it's unnatural for people whom  are use to the 12 hour system). A toggle was suggested as a possibility in Options, but that's probably a very low priority thing, if it ever happens.

Posted · Hidden by nasKo, June 14, 2014 - Welp...phone didn't show there is a second page.
Hidden by nasKo, June 14, 2014 - Welp...phone didn't show there is a second page.

There are 24 hours in the day.

So the clock goes from 00:00 to 24:00

The problem doesn't lie in there being 24 hours in the day.

It lies in that Kentucky goes by the EDT time system not 24 hour clock.

I am not a clever man, but as far as I am aware, EDT is a timezone. A timezone doesn't really tell shit about the use of a 12 or 24 hour clock system, does it?

Educate me.

The devs stated that they might add an option for the clock in the future.

I can imagine it is not of much concern, considering how many people complained about it so far (two, from the top of my head).

Archived