Why not give XP to reduce panicking?

JensTheViking

Hi.

I just thought that since you allready get a lot of XP for a lot of different abilities, why not for panicking as well? That way you could reduce the amount of panick attacks because, well, you would start getting used to zombies shuffling about. Has this issue been discussed about earlier?

I think i understand what you mean. You should change the title, and the explanation.

Implementing a skill that would reduce panicking? 

it may already be implemented in the experience level. Can anyone confirm this?

whether you have seen and killed 1 zombie or 2500 zombies, panic attacks continue to be part of the game at this point......which gets kind of annoying sometimes. good thing we have Beta blockers for now.

it would be nice to have some type of system in the game in which gradually the panic wears off and you just get used to seeing and dealing with the zombies as part of everyday life in the zombie apocalypse.

I think i understand what you mean. You should change the title, and the explanation.

Implementing a skill that would reduce panicking? 

it may already be implemented in the experience level. Can anyone confirm this?

As you gain experience when whacking away with a bat for example...then you have enough XP AND that one upgrade point in order to get better with blunt weapons...you know the basic XP system in this game...how it normally works. No just add panicking into the mix and voila!

whether you have seen and killed 1 zombie or 2500 zombies, panic attacks continue to be part of the game at this point......which gets kind of annoying sometimes. good thing we have Beta blockers for now.

it would be nice to have some type of system in the game in which gradually the panic wears off and you just get used to seeing and dealing with the zombies as part of everyday life in the zombie apocalypse.

Should be implemented automatically per XP Level. I think it's even implemented now, but I'm not a 100% sure. Can anybody confirm this?

Should be implemented automatically per XP Level. I think it's even implemented now, but I'm not a 100% sure. Can anybody confirm this?

I can confirm, that it's not.

As Kajin said though, I think it is planned down the line somewhere...

Hi.

I just thought that since you allready get a lot of XP for a lot of different abilities, why not for panicking as well? That way you could reduce the amount of panick attacks because, well, you would start getting used to zombies shuffling about. Has this issue been discussed about earlier?

While i do think that panic never should go completely away, I agree that your character should, eventually grow "accostumed" to see zombies in the zombie apocalypse, and become less susceptible against panic.

This is specially true if you, like several other players out there, kills zombies routinely for whatever reason. Kinda silly see a survivor who has destroyed hundreds (thousands?) of zombies go into a panic for seeing a pack of 6-7.