Stumps

Kurruk

Stumps probably aren't implemented due to the difficulty of spawning in new objects dynamically, or something like that. Alternatively, can you imagine how hard it would be to remove stumps during the zombie apocalypse? No heavy machinery to grind one down in place and setting fire to the stump could result in... fun.

That being said, however, this would give us a reason to be able to craft explosives in game. Bye-bye stumps :D

Stumps probably aren't implemented due to the difficulty of spawning in new objects dynamically, or something like that. Alternatively, can you imagine how hard it would be to remove stumps during the zombie apocalypse? No heavy machinery to grind one down in place and setting fire to the stump could result in... fun.

That being said, however, this would give us a reason to be able to craft explosives in game. Bye-bye stumps :D

I. I don't think you know much about programming lad..

You do know every time you cut down a tree "dynamically" an object spawns (the logs)

Or when an object is dropped, the game is spawning an object from no where.

And while realistic I would only want this added depending on how removal of the stomp goes. Otherwise I think this should be left alone to keep the gameplay aspect in this.

I like it. Though then you will start thinking of why the trees disappear instead of falling over. It would be crazy to die from a tree falling on you. Though it would be neat if logs could be normal sized and possibly use the logs as a barricade. Who knows that sounds a bit too hard though.

I like it. Though then you will start thinking of why the trees disappear instead of falling over. It would be crazy to die from a tree falling on you. Though it would be neat if logs could be normal sized and possibly use the logs as a barricade. Who knows that sounds a bit too hard though.

I think that cutting down the tree is a simplified process of taking it down and then cutting to logs of around the same size, getting rid of branches and leafs (shame as it could be used for fire). So while potentially it could be broken down to cutting a huge log (that can't be moved) and then while it's on the ground using axe would break it to normal size logs (that can be moved around), that in turn potentially will allow at some stage to cut them still on the ground to planks ... is a more complex process and would require more changes.

But after the tree is cut, instead of removing it completely from the world, replace it with the stump - now that should be relatively simple and will by glance tell you a story that somewhere around here, there is a safe place with someone who managed to survive for a long period of time, enough at least to think about it's safety to barricade the place and clear out surroundings in order to notice incoming threat sooner rather than latter.