Moodle Data

Hey everyone, I had a question about how moodles work in PZ,

what I wanted to know is what is going on behind the curtain, and to a greater extent could we get some sort of UI to examine what is really going on?

what i mean is, lets use an example. let say the 'peckish' moodle comes up and i go to my fridge (the power is still on) and i see carrots. they say -15 to hunger, and i say great. but what does that -15 mean? how 'deep' into the hungry stat does the peckish moodle appear? is it +15? is it +30? or is it only +5 and am i wasting carrots?

as it goes on, if a cheese sandwich takes away -80 (not sure if thats correct lets just go with it) how hungry do i have to be to not waste the full effect? if I am peckish, what will a -80 do to my hungry stat? how about starving? is starving a +80? is it+100? we have no idea what kind of scale these stats exist on and i think it would be great to be able to see them to manage our resources better. 

am i making sense at all?

basically I want to see graphs of al the moodle status' so i can use my supplies more effectively. keep boosted on vitamins BEFORE I get tired, not when I AM tired etc. Am i crazy, is the system we have with moodles enough information, or are people craving for a bit more data on the subject?

PS after writing all this I wonder if it makes any sense...

I fully support this idea, that and the part that for modding items it was very difficult. Some items where +stat was a good thing, others -stat was a good thing. And they don't seem to be all on a scale of 0-100 (as far as im aware) for example, don't smokes take away 2,500 stress? I mean, perhaps that's just overkill to completely remove stress, or does it have a greater range?

From coding I seen some things where they used 5, 0.5 and 0.05 stat changes. An indication of ranges and how these stat effects translate to moodles would be extremely handy.

+1

I fully support this idea, that and the part that for modding items it was very difficult. Some items where +stat was a good thing, others -stat was a good thing. And they don't seem to be all on a scale of 0-100 (as far as im aware) for example, don't smokes take away 2,500 stress? I mean, perhaps that's just overkill to completely remove stress, or does it have a greater range?

From coding I seen some things where they used 5, 0.5 and 0.05 stat changes. An indication of ranges and how these stat effects translate to moodles would be extremely handy.

+1

I imagine they are on a dual scale with 0 in the centre and they head out in opposite directions. but yeah, 2500 stress for cigarettes is  a bit crazy. maybe it's between -1000 and 1000 with 0 in the middle? 

also the plus/minus thing is confusing. you would think food for instance would add to your fullness but it actually subtracts from your hunger....different names for the same thing. I feel like they could be realigned and have the words changed so all positive things are +ve and all negative things -ve to avoid confusion. 

Well I do hope we get some sort of answer to this, because my mod has a generalized system (once I figured out the + and - thing) And it has a slow incremental increase on items. The thing I fear is that even tho the items get gradually better (i.e +10, +25, +40 stat changes), the +10 stat change may be too much, making the other items redundant. 

I find this idea to be fully backable, though I think the ambiguity of the moodles kind of adds to the game. Not sure when enough is enough or too much, trying to save as much as you can while not starving yourself; the uncertainty of the character about their moods. Just my thoughts.

I find this idea to be fully backable, though I think the ambiguity of the moodles kind of adds to the game. Not sure when enough is enough or too much, trying to save as much as you can while not starving yourself; the uncertainty of the character about their moods. Just my thoughts.

Yeah i certainly feel the ambiguity lends something to the experience for sure so it's hard.

Not having the moodle data though, whilst in game assets (like food and books) have values assigned to them, makes it difficult to understand the value of ... those values! 

What I don't understand is why Well Fed and Fed go by all in the span of 30 seconds.

I can feed him an entire refrigerators of food and within seconds he looses the buff effects of being Well Fed and Fed.

I thought that was just me or my time scale settings. I remember it used to last rather long (albeit too long) time. And was there not a moodle for eating too much that it made you feel sick? It seems now you can eat quite an awful lot with no negative effects.

Well good, glad to see other people having this issue. well i'm not glad to see you having issues, but glad we are all on the same page.

and yeah, well fed buff goes away way too quickly.....

is this something someone could mod? like, does the data already exist somewhere in the game's code and someone could just mod some UI display/sprite graphic for it?

or is it a deeply entrenched mystery that only TiS could solve?

I have delved into the code a little bit and didn't manage to find the stat 'range', I guess then again I wasn't looking for it. It could be that it isn't open to .lua and is in the java code.

All I managed to find regarding it was things to change stats, i,e +/- a certain stat, and stat growth rates, i,e hunger increases by 0.05 per hour and you could alter that to be 0.1 per hour. Aside from that there wasn't much code regarding the stats at all.

What I don't understand is why Well Fed and Fed go by all in the span of 30 seconds.

I can feed him an entire refrigerators of food and within seconds he looses the buff effects of being Well Fed and Fed.

You don't understand? Every second in real life represents more time in the game, I don't know the ratio though. That being said, if you eat a good meal the buff does not go away after a few seconds.

You don't understand? Every second in real life represents more time in the game, I don't know the ratio though. That being said, if you eat a good meal the buff does not go away after a few seconds.

Personally, I still find that even taking into account the relativity of PZ time to real time, that the well fed buff goes away too quickly. Even with a decent meal like cooked steak or grilled cheese sandwich...

Well, for the buff to last longer it would need to have healing power nerfed and carrying bonus gone.

Also was wondering, do You people really feel some unnatural power to carry  more after eating anything?

Well, for the buff to last longer it would need to have healing power nerfed and carrying bonus gone.

Also was wondering, do You people really feel some unnatural power to carry  more after eating anything?

The last thing I want to do if I'm fully fed is to carry things through the area :D . There should be some "stuffed" moodle implemented.

The last thing I want to do if I'm fully fed is to carry things through the area :D . There should be some "stuffed" moodle implemented.

And to get rid of it You would need to use "SIESTA" action on a couch.

Archived