Starting a House Fire

CaptKaspar

What is the best way to set a house on fire in build 23?

The only way I have succcessfully set one on fire is by creating a campfire and luring a zombie over the fire and directing it next to a house. A pretty inefficient way of burning down a house.

Currently molotovs are disabled and I have had no luck burning down a house with a stove. I have left the stove on empty and with burning food for a day's worth of time and kept the house in sight the entire time. No fire.

Any one know of any simpler and more efficient ways? I would love to be able to set off a house alarm and be able to set it on fire before making my escape.

**EDIT**

30 seconds later a house with a burning piece of food set on fire for me...

I'm pretty sure that the most efficient way as of right now would be using a microwave or stove. Hopefully it'll be improved in the future. Or not. Not sure why you would want to burn a house down but to each their own.

Because we can

Solid reasoning, don't know why I didn't think about that beforehand.

I don't see how "because we can" even comes close to answering his question. Being able to do something is not a reason for doing it, it's the reason why it's possible to do. No one was asking if or why it's possible.

I'll say this, the only times I've ever burned a house down were if I knew there was a large horde in the vicinity and the alarm triggered while I was breaking into the house.

So I have gotten fairly proficient at starting house fires using the stove. What I do now is I wait for the fire to begin to catch, I then shoot off a blast or two with my trusty sawed-off to attract all the nearby zombies into the flames.

I have noticed that the zombies are not very interested in the fire, but they are interested in getting to where the shots were fired from.

I was hoping that the zombies would be attracted to fire. The noise, movement, and warmth of fire. I guess that's sort of up in the air with modern zombie lore though.

Also the reason I burn down houses is that I don't need an already looted house. Once all the items that I could possibly use are removed from it and there are other shelters relatively close, why not burn down the house and take as many zombies out with it as possible? I'm just saving ammo and the condition of my melee weapons. I have plenty of rotten food that I can throw in a stove.