Too Dark, not enough Inventory, no audio controls

Aro2220

The game is too dark and your inventory isn't big enough. 

I have to set my gamma way up. It's so dark all the time and your field of view is really weird. Things fade way too quickly...if I was running around and I looked behind me and saw a zombie, I could look ahead and know for at least a couple seconds where that zombies position is still going to be. Also, I can navigate around a pitch black house a lot easier than in the game. I really think the gamma of the game should go up a few pegs and on top of that there should be a bar to adjust it...but really it is generally too low and makes it unplayable without increasing the gamma. 

It's not so much that your inventory isn't big enough that it seems like weight isn't calculated properly. There may be some kind of bug but I seem to have like 4 pounds of weight count as 12 or so sometimes...and other times when it's broken, it just fixes itself and then breaks itself at random. Something weird is going on with item weights. Also some items shouldn't weigh anything (or much less than 0.1). Some things weigh a good amount but other things are too heavy.

Also, not having audio controls really sucked yesterday when I was playing with a friend who I was speaking to over mumble at the time. The in game music (took a while to figure out you can turn it off by pressing m) made him hard to hear and other in game noises get pretty loud. Would be nice to adjust levels...but I'm sure this is on the list and just hasn't happened yet since this is pretty standard.

Audio controls are planned, but not really a high priority.

Can you go into a bit more detail about what items you felt were off, exactly? It's hard to know what you're talking about without specifics.

And as far as darkness? I don't really have any idea what you're talking about. Is it night time in your game? Is it day time? I can see perfectly fine during the day, and night is supposed to be really freaking dark. PZ aims to be as realistic as possible and without a light source you're not gonna be moving around at all during night without bumping into things or getting eaten.

There may be some kind of bug but I seem to have like 4 pounds of weight count as 12 or so sometimes...and other times when it's broken, it just fixes itself and then breaks itself at random. Something weird is going on with item weights. 

You get a bonus to your carrying weight for being fed, well fed etc so sometimes you will be full with a happy little moodle able to carry 12 and then yeah, you'll start to get hungry again and suddenly become over encumbered. That may be the issue? (/the reverse for being hungry and over encumbered then you eat something and ta-da, no problem)

Yeah, as for the darkness, the game is not overall too dark its just dark at night, which its supposed to be. So if you have some darkness issues it might be your end... 

...aaaannd...the line of sight stuff, that took me a bit of time to get used to it but then I appreciated what it brought to the gameplay and how it puts limitations on the player's omniscient 3rd person perspective. So now I love it, fading Zeke and all. 

That's my thoughts on the matters anyway  :-)

weight of items might not be proper when comparing small items to others.

sheets are 0.8 but they look small... A bat is 2.0 so two sheets nearly weighs as much as a wooden bat?

0.05 is closer as sheets are rather small and thin... I mean they are sheets, not blankets. Sheets of cloth should be rollable into a stack maybe? 10 sheets can be rolled around a cardboard cylinder to weigh 0.5 thats from taking out the air for sheets in your inventory.

Though with sheets light as these, can't possibly block lights as curtains... You every see a closed curtain from the outside with the lights on? You can clearly see light through it.

The material you'd want is curtain fabrics, which you can turn sheets into. So 4 sheets can be turned into a thick fabric that blocks light from passing through.

a Book weighs 0.5 looks like a textbook but read like a novel? It does have the same bindings as skill books but being 0.5 is a bit much... Changing their cover to green and making them weigh, 0.1 works.

Skill Books and their weight is okay, due to it being read textbook size of over 250 pages. But in real life 250 pages are still rather light. Why not have higher level skill books weigh slightly more due to more pages?

0.5 at beginner

0.6 for intermediate

0.7 for advanced

0.8 for master

Skyrim had problems like this with 'clutter' based items... 10 x 0.2 forks weighs as much as a bat? a gold club?

I think some of it also has to do with encumbrance as well as weight. Have you ever tried holding fifteen sheets in your arms? It's a bit unwieldy because they take up a lot of space even though they're light.

Not sure about you, but on highest settings with shaders on and during the dark I can make out things in the house if I fully zoom in, that's considering that curtains are all closed, too (Which is as dark as it can get).

Just like in real life, I wouldn't risk going too quick or too "don't care"y in the dark. You can STILL make out things, it isn't SUPER pitch black, like in DayZ, you just have to move quietly and zoom a little further in to adapt your eyes to the darkness (Would help closing curtains in real life too, because a sun going into the monitor is going to decrease your in-game vision a LOT, even during day time).

Keep a flashlight, or lit candle with you all the time if you find yourself surrounded by darkness. Move slow and don't run around. Open curtains/doors to increase brightness inside the buildings.

Yeah weight is a mixture of encumberment and the actual mass of the object. It is a way to simulate that you cannot carry too much in your hands. Use a rucksack for more. Also the darkness can be alleviated by thurning off shaders.