Ideas for a Killer LP, thoughts?

Although my first LP video was completely ignored by you guys because it wasn't good enough, I'm not deterred whatsoever. I've had some cool ideas lately. Would any of you want to watch a Sandbox series where:

- My character is immune to infection but is still extremely vulnerable to getting beaten to death?

- My character is claustrophobic, agoraphobic AND panicked, AT ALL TIMES?

- My character quotes random movies when bashing skulls in?

- My character blows away hordes of zombies with a variety of firearms?

- I tweak the game to be utterly ridiculous and hilarious to watch?

The thing about the majority of my audience is that a lot of them play shooters and action packed games, which is what my youtube channel centers around. I think PZ would appeal more to them if I was able to tweak the game more for an action-oriented kind of survival experience. Triple that if it's fun and amusing to watch.

Here's the reason why I'm suggesting immunity to infection - I'd be able to enjoy the game more if every single little scratch and bite didn't have the potential to zombify my character. I completely love the hardcoreness of that aspect of the Survival mode but I really just want to survive in Sandbox long enough to be able to create cool safehouses, forts and what have you. I want to be able to make awesome things without worrying about dying all the time. I'm fine with dying via getting swarmed or continually beaten, though. (FYI not a casual player if there even is a concept of one for this game yet, hurrhurr)

Aside: Maybe one of these days there will be a mod that allows you to create treehouse-like forts suspended above the ground, I would love to create one : D

If I ever made a LP for Project Zomboid, it would mostly be fucking around, because a lot of people prefer this rather than looting and trying to survive. Still, the "trying to survive" LP will be much more interesting when the Sadistic AI Director is out.

Personally I had no problems really with your LP since you seem like a charismatic person, but I'm just not an LP person. I occasional watch videos from community members, since it's always nice to have a watch of people I interact with regularly. I don't believe content is important to LP, since it's more about the presenter. It doesn't matter the situation the person should be able to make interesting videos no matter what's going on in the videos.

I wish I could dislike this topic

Whats the point in playing if you cant die from getting bitten? You do know it takes over 10 bites without bandaging yourself before the character dies from injuries. So you could just tank dozens of zombies without worring. You are literally saying that the atmosphere and game premise is to boring for you and it all should be changed to be much more exciting. Should they make it into a FPS and have super zombies that climb, fly, dig, blow up, and other stupid stuff. How about combo attacks, so that you can clear out hordes much easier.

It will be hard to please everyone, just do whatever you want and have fun doing it. I'm more of a fan of survival mode (played sandbox once) but I understand your fear of having a short LP. Once you get good at the game you'll almost never last shorter than a month. Just remember to never take too large of a risk... If you've got to think about it twice it's probably a bad idea!

If I ever made a LP for Project Zomboid, it would mostly be fucking around, because a lot of people prefer this rather than looting and trying to survive. Still, the "trying to survive" LP will be much more interesting when the Sadistic AI Director is out.

Hell yeah, I can't wait to test it to its limits! I will go to the ends of the PZ earth and fight it with all my might, yelling "NO! You can throw all the munchers and diseased crops and trolltastic NPCs you want at me but I SHALL PREVAIL!" 

Personally I had no problems really with your LP since you seem like a charismatic person, but I'm just not an LP person. I occasional watch videos from community members, since it's always nice to have a watch of people I interact with regularly. I don't believe content is important to LP, since it's more about the presenter. It doesn't matter the situation the person should be able to make interesting videos no matter what's going on in the videos.

That's a great way to put it, thank you for your insight. 

I wish I could dislike this topic

Whats the point in playing if you cant die from getting bitten? You do know it takes over 10 bites without bandaging yourself before the character dies from injuries. So you could just tank dozens of zombies without worring. You are literally saying that the atmosphere and game premise is to boring for you and it all should be changed to be much more exciting. Should they make it into a FPS and have super zombies that climb, fly, dig, blow up, and other stupid stuff. How about combo attacks, so that you can clear out hordes much easier.

Sir or madam, that is only one way to play the game, and it is the intended way, but not everyone wants to play it that way. Changing the rules is what Sandbox is for, and I've been discussing Sandbox from the beginning. I would actually really like to see super or special zombies now that you mention it, although you probably wrinkle your forehead tenfold at this. 

It will be hard to please everyone, just do whatever you want and have fun doing it. I'm more of a fan of survival mode (played sandbox once) but I understand your fear of having a short LP. Once you get good at the game you'll almost never last shorter than a month. Just remember to never take too large of a risk... If you've got to think about it twice it's probably a bad idea!

Good advice.

To be honest, roleplaying is what people really want. Look for living people, shoot because you're panicked. Unload a ton of bullets, but you have to be a good actor.

Most people that live from purely youtube in the end can become good actors, because it's a role they act. Just some friendly advice.

Archived