for real, the biggest problem of the game is

playlessNamer

walking backwards hit, walking backwards hit, stab, push, hit doesnt matter because its all the same walking backwards, click. Congolines over congolines, walking backwards,....hit

You know why a simple easy game like Assasins Creed is so fun and succesfull? Because the always repeating fightmechanic is just fun. People play Dynastie Warriors just to repeat the same 4-5 combos all day. Zombieshooters are mostly fun not because of epic progression or story but mostly because its just a fun fightmechanic and kill zombies over and over again.

The fightmechanic in PZ is not enjoyable. Its barely minimum existing like a placeholder. No combos, no chargeattack, no crowdcontrols, no slows, no stuns, no aoe weapons, no dodging, no maneuvers, no jumps, no anything alternative than walking backwards, hit, walking backwards, hit,....

Whats your plans about this? What is your desired fightmechanics you aim for to be implemented anytime?

And second: Can you give this some more priority pls? I am sick of congolines.

I (kind of) agree with your description of limlited melee fight mechanics.

But games you refer too are fast paced while:

1. This game is more about preparing (your character), being attentive (to Zs that may surprise you) and deciding (when to fight, when to flee).
  2. You have range weapons as another fight mechanic.
  3. You can use fire as another fight mechanic.
  4. There are other mechanics than fight mechanics: vehicles, farming, foraging, plundering, base building.

3 hours ago, playlessNamer said:

Whats your plans about this?

That's an easy one in my opinion: not much, and not too soon also I think, because the main idea of pz is just not to "kill zombies over and over again". Though I agree that combat could be somewhat more interesting I don't see anything actionpacked and eyecandy but more like using environment or traps to your advantage.

There is indeed room for improvement in regards to combat. However I don't think anyone wants to see PZ turn into one of the games you mentioned. PZ is about seeing those five words "this is how you died", giving it the middle finger and doing whatever you can to not let that happen for as long as possible. While it is indeed a part of the experience, fighting zombies isn't the purpose, it's survival.

That being said, there are many aspects to PZ combat. Fences, escape routes, vision and what's behind you, melee vs ranged, head stomping, molotovs/fire. I could go on, but my point is that there are tactics at work besides simply walking backward and hitting.

You can change the way of fighting, for example I don't have time, endurace nor patience to KITE a group of zombies with my weak, unfit and very underweight/obese character, but he's stealthy, nimble and good with lots of weapons (more damage + xp early game) to eliminate a large group I either draw 2/3 at the time and take them down or if it's smaller groups 5-6 zombies, I stealth kill 1, get 1-2 to follow me and just deal with the last two all this in less then 20-in game minutes. Now I'm not teaching you how to fight, I'm just saying, these methods are much more action packed and efficent then KITING 10 zombies killing them, having to rest and do it all over again, just writing this part was boring, but remember your character has to be nimble and a little bit sneaky or you'll draw hordes upon youreself, and you'll have to kite anyway, bringing you to the same old boring position, Also you can spice the combat with guns and disabling zombie respawns might give you more meaning to fight NOT endless hordes of undead next to you base.

Archived