How do you guys navigate around?

capleton22

I usually use my memory, after playing several times you just recognise some benchmarks :D

Recently, taking part in the [post=http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4068-the-get-off-my-lawn-challenge/]Get off my lawn! Challenge I began to take a screenshot of the area around my safehouse so I can take notes of the paths my character takes. You choose :)

I like many others use the PZ Map. I still haven't memorised the place all that much, but I have kind of gotten used to street design and getting a general feel for the direction you are going. Knowing you're in a housing estate or knowing your heading towards the centre of town, etc.

Whenever you start a new game (or use an existing), orient yourself to the crash map.  You can then plan out your safe houses, raids and longer distance objective.

I recommend putting up some sort of secure bolt hole (on a second floor if you can) every few blocks.  That will give you a place to flee to, get your bearings and calm the hell down :)  Panicy decisions are seldom good ones.

Archived