Cant adjust the windows size and also performance issues

Mopo

Question

When I start the game (it also takes alot of time to start) i cant bigger the game window at all without the game crashing, and the game lags like hell in the menu. Even more in the game, only played the demo but i died in 89 seconds because of the lagging :-|

My comp specs what i know:

4g ram

windows 7 64

graphics card (?) ATI radeon HD 4770

tell me if needed more info, ill try to dig up

EDIT: also forgot, the game tells me to turn off gamerbooster but it doesnt tell what it is, or how to turn it off. and I also dont know if i even have one.

10 answers to this question

Alright.. New problem, have been playing for an hour and its ben't awesome! Though, I needed to stop because all sounds stopped working, i couldnt hear anything. already checked everything possible on my headphones and even putted my old speakers in place, still no sound in game. Youtube videos and all other mediafiles containing sound work.

Triple post warning!

Nevermind about the sound problem, I got it "working", but an new problem has arrived: an short time after I star an new game my character will get hurt, just on its own i've checked hundreds of times my health and tried almost everything in game, expect painkillers.

So my character gets hurt without an reason, it slowly rises from a bit hurt to agony, then my bones break (:D) literally, it says that. And as far as im concerned I havent jumped from roof or something like that, it just does it on its own. Aaaand after that I die.

:|

Triple post warning!

Nevermind about the sound problem, I got it "working", but an new problem has arrived: an short time after I star an new game my character will get hurt, just on its own i've checked hundreds of times my health and tried almost everything in game, expect painkillers.

So my character gets hurt without an reason, it slowly rises from a bit hurt to agony, then my bones break ( :D) literally, it says that. And as far as im concerned I havent jumped from roof or something like that, it just does it on its own. Aaaand after that I die.

:-|

This sounds to me, like Suomiboi said, like you may be playing the demo. If you read the text that pops up it lets you know that you are infected in the demo- this means you're going to die. If you want to start a regular character and play longer, you'll have to buy it XD

I'm playing the "bought version", I dont have the hypochronicwhateverthehellitscalled trait, havent eaten anything rotten at all.

I got my hand bleeding by mashing an window by accident 5 ingame days ago, bandaged it and it didnt say anything about it after that... Not bitten though or scratched by an zombie.

Actually, ive bent carrying ALOT of stuff around for an long time... How does that affect?

If you're overburdened and continue to try to run around etc. it will hurt you, just like trying to carry more than you can in real life.

Ok, Ill try to be more careful with that in the future, also I think it happened again.. Just played it, I got scratched and bandaged the wound. It didnt say infected anywhere so I thought I was good, however my character started to hurt again, luckily I found some painkillers but it didnt take the pain away for long, it always came back no matter how many pills I took. So, was that an bug or an feature? Is there another way to get the pain go away permanently?

Have you eaten rotten food? Have the hypochondriac trait and been scratched or bitten even once? Or been carrying lots of loot over your weight limit?

Offtopic

Paras avatar ikinä!! XD "Seikka on saletti!" sorry for Finnish but it's an inside thing...

EDIT: So are you playing the demo version?? Because if you are you start infected and will die at some point!

When you start the game do you just to launch PZ normally or do you choose safe / compatibility mode. If you launch it normally, then try launching it through the safe / compatibility mode. Does it still run the same? Any differences? 

Just trying it out, atleast it launched ALOT faster, also i was able to make it fullscreen, yay!

Archived