Bethesda registers domain with multiple Fallout 4 references

Pixel Bombs

A new domain has been registered by Bethesda, and while nothing can be confirmed at this time, all the signs point to it relating to a brand new Fallout game. Yes, Fallout 4 might have finally been outed.

The domain is titled "The Survivor," which sounds eerily familiar to the name of a Fallout protagonist. Vault Dweller, Chosen One, Lone Wanderer, Courier – The Survivor could fit right into the group. The website itself is nothing but a blank screen, but it’s accompanied by a loud beeping that one Reddit user considers to be Morse code. Take a listen for yourself, and see what you think.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/18730/article/bethesda-registers-domain-with-multiple-fallout-4-references-dec-11-reveal-possible/

http://thesurvivor2299.com/

5icad.png

Please be written by Obsidian, please be written by Obsidian, please be written by Obsidian.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please be on a new engine, please be on a new engine, please be on a new engine...

Nevermind, it's Bethesda we're talking about.

I doubt it'll be bad, but it definitely won't be great.

TBH ALL bethesda games are absolute shit until the modding community gets their hands on them. If it wernt for the modding scene Bethesda would be effectively dead on the PC platform.

Please be on a new engine, please be on a new engine, please be on a new engine...

Nevermind, it's Bethesda we're talking about.

I doubt it'll be bad, but it definitely won't be great.

TBH ALL bethesda games are absolute shit until the modding community gets their hands on them. If it wernt for the modding scene Bethesda would be effectively dead on the PC platform.

I very much doubt this. Despite all the noise people make on forums, I doubt majority of people buying games on PC have ever installed a single mod.

Mods are cool, but plenty of people play games at launch instead of waiting for a year or so for modders to get their stuff done first.

Sort of an anecdote but  don't know anyone who has it on PC without some sort of mod that fixes something Bethesda fucked up. Gambryo is a buggy mess of an engine and even their ~Creation Engine~ (aka gamebryo with a facelift) is still on the buggy side.

I think I played Skyrim for 10 minutes on release before I couldn't take the awfulness and bugginess.

Sort of an anecdote but  don't know anyone who has it on PC without some sort of mod that fixes something Bethesda fucked up. Gambryo is a buggy mess of an engine and even their ~Creation Engine~ (aka gamebryo with a facelift) is still on the buggy side.

I think I played Skyrim for 10 minutes on release before I couldn't take the awfulness and bugginess.

Same. Know quite a large pool of people who've played Skyrim/Fallout 3 and they always mod their games. I myself modded Skyrim about 2-3 weeks after launch.

Please be written by Obsidian, please be written by Obsidian, please be written by Obsidian.

I was going to protest strongly against this but then I realized this would be a good thing, as long as they didn't develop it. I really don't want another Fallout New Vegas.

I like them all tbh, I do think New Vegas is better than Fallout 3, but I still think FO3 is particularly great. Love Skyrim, Oblivion etc as well. I can understand some of the hate for Bethesda games as there are sometimes some pretty idiotic design decisions but I don't think it's as dire as people paint it to be.

maybe the most dumbed down, but it my eyes, easily the most fun. New vegas was too barren and boring for me, but I think the main problem I had with it was that it never gave me that feeling of fear and excitement that I got with fallout 3, e.g. coming out of the vault for the first time or going to the school near megaton.. which is strange, as with the TES games its opposite, oblivion had more fear and excitement early game than skyrim, but the oblivion gates completely killed the game for me, whereas skyrim completely immersed me and he me playing almost constantly until I completed it 120 hours later.

Also my first play throughs of skyrim and fallout 3 were completely unmodded, letting me have a second playthrough months later with all DLC and tons of mods.

yes visually barren/boring, I want to signs of an apocalypse! :-D

but yes you are correct in terms of lore/factions etc, new vegas was much more fleshed out, but for me, story telling isn't just in the spoken or written words, its how it makes me feel, and fallout 3 did a better job of that for me personally.

but yes you are correct in terms of lore/factions etc, new vegas was much more fleshed out, but for me, story telling isn't just in the spoken or written words, its how it makes me feel, and fallout 3 did a better job of that for me personally.

Exactly how I feel regarding 3.

When I played New Vegas, soon as I stepped out I'm greeted by a cowboy robot with an accent that made me just want to piss on its circuits. For me, it ruined the atmosphere. I just didn't 'dig it' as others have.

New Vegas certainly had the better quests and general story. It had more of everything although all in a more condensed landscape. As Ringo says, its the atmosphere. I felt Fallout 3 had an overall better apocalyptic atmosphere than New Vegas did.

I still play Fallout 3 now and again and its been awhile since I did a quest since I have most of them done, but I still get great enjoyment out of it because I feel immersed in its setting. WIth New Vegas, I couldn't get that same feeling.

Exactly how I feel regarding 3.

When I played New Vegas, soon as I stepped out I'm greeted by a cowboy robot with an accent that made me just want to piss on its circuits. For me, it ruined the atmosphere. I just didn't 'dig it' as others have.

New Vegas certainly had the better quests and general story. It had more of everything although all in a more condensed landscape. As Ringo says, its the atmosphere. I felt Fallout 3 had an overall better apocalyptic atmosphere than New Vegas did.

I still play Fallout 3 now and again and its been awhile since I did a quest since I have most of them done, but I still get great enjoyment out of it because I feel immersed in its setting. WIth New Vegas, I couldn't get that same feeling.

The starting to New Vegas really pissed me off, because it felt like it really was trying to mimic FO3's opening in some ways. Trying to capture that grandios. I see where RingoD is coming from though, you step out of the vault in Fallout 3 you get a great music que, you see the wasteland before you and the triumphant tone of the Level Up sound. It was just a perfect mix. With New Vegas you step out of the house and see a small community. It just doesn't feel so grandiose. Not that degree of "I can go THERE!"

^^^

The most dumbed down games in both those series. Lol

I wouldn't call them dumbed down per-se, just easier. I'm a casual gamer, so I can't pour my heart and soul into creating a perfectly balanced character just to survive the first level of a game, which is why I disliked the first few Elder Scrolls games. The first two Fallout games were fine because I could just crank down the difficulty. I also loved Fallout 3, it was a pretty enjoyable game and fit the apocalyptic theme really well. New Vegas was pretty good, but not as good as 3 in my opinion.

Case in point, games that are easier aren't bad. It just means people like me can play them and not get frustrated at them.

^^^

I wouldn't call them dumbed down per-se, just easier. I'm a casual gamer, so I can't pour my heart and soul into creating a perfectly balanced character just to survive the first level of a game, which is why I disliked the first few Elder Scrolls games. The first two Fallout games were fine because I could just crank down the difficulty. I also loved Fallout 3, it was a pretty enjoyable game and fit the apocalyptic theme really well. New Vegas was pretty good, but not as good as 3 in my opinion.

Case in point, games that are easier aren't bad. It just means people like me can play them and not get frustrated at them.

I think if Bethesda and Obsidian collaborated on a game, you would probably have the best Fallout possible.

Fallout 3 was a better looking game and the DC wasteland was beautiful a masterpiece to behold. Fallout NV had a better story, dialogue and stuck with fallout lore more accurately. Both are great games in their own right I really cant label one as better than the other.

^^^

I think if Bethesda and Obsidian collaborated on a game, you would probably have the best Fallout possible.

You would, but you have to admit, Bethesda did a pretty good job on their own.

However, Obsidian ought to team up with them and make a game capable of blowing minds. Literally. I want to see brains all over my local Gamestop on the release date.

However, Obsidian ought to team up with them and make a game capable of blowing minds. Literally. I want to see brains all over my local Gamestop on the release date.

>Gamestop

1qEES7S.jpg

There's no other store around here.

<...>

<...>

I think a project of that magnitude would be leaning more towards an "Aliens: Colonial Marines" than a Portal 1.

<...>

<...>

I think a project of that magnitude would be leaning more towards an "Aliens: Colonial Marines" than a Portal 1.

... Good point. Lots of promises, total flop. That'd be a possibility.

^^^

Oh I don't argue that, I think FO3 is a damn fine game and the DLC's make it even better. I just think that you would get the perfect game if the two teamed up is all.