Axes and West Point... (Map Spoilers?)

Tooks

Oh West Point, I love you, however with your lack of Warehouses finding an Axe in you is like finding intellectual conversation at the job center. Where do I axe? I'm currently holed up over at Twiggys' bar which is seemingly AMAZING for things like basic weaponry and food (the nearby gigamart filled my fridge and provided 5 Baseball bats o_o) however I'd really love to get to some carpentry to make my home a bit more secure.

I can't find an axe ._. Normally one would hunt through warehouses to find them and usually come up with 2 of them, but West Point lacks Warehouses so it leaves me wondering, just where does one find an Axe?

I know loot spawn is random but if anyone could point me towards a building that has a decent chance of having an axe in it I'd love you more than I love cake.

and I looooove cake.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's 3 buildings and a trailer that offer a fair number of possibilities. These two buildings here and the trailer in the southeastern corner are all full of crates, though the self-storage building requires a sledge to access the majority of its containers. http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8150249929245434,0.1558920297591176,66.24737266949232

You're actually really close to these if you're staying in Twiggy's.

Then there's a hardware store here: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8131283903879042,0.14405840064279607,324.11645226811106 There's a normal door to the right of the lower garage door, hidden behind the corner of the other building, that leads into the back of the store. None of them offer as many containers as the warehouse or logging corp, but they're your best shot in West Point outside of looting garages and killing zombies.

I just posted a thread the other day about the same thing, but I was trying to find nails and a sledge. Everyone's recommending garages instead, but I personally think the risks outweigh the benefits there unless you're looking for other stuff too.

Have you looked north yet? I mean, if you're looking for shotguns. I think you might need a sledge to access it though. And sure, no problem. I was having pretty much the exact same issue.

And be careful if you decide to check out the hardware store. That area of town ended up being all kinds of awful when I went over there. Got chased clear out of town twice before I managed to get inside.

Have you looked north yet? I mean, if you're looking for shotguns. I think you might need a sledge to access it though. And sure, no problem. I was having pretty much the exact same issue.

And be careful if you decide to check out the hardware store. That area of town ended up being all kinds of awful when I went over there. Got chased clear out of town twice before I managed to get inside.

You need a sledge to get into the good stuff behind twiggys :(

I'm having a bad enough time down south let alone in town, though more through my own stupidity of not expecting 3 zombies to be chilling in a storage unit.

Somehow i've survived 3 scratches on this character, though.

You could do what I've been doing in my current game back in Muldraugh. Find a crowbar and start ripping out every door you don't need on random buildings. You don't get many planks, but, any is better than none after all :P

I have a crowbar. I can do what to doors now? :o

hulk smash doors

basically you can destroy doors and get planks + a door hinge and a door knob

Oh, obviously haha why didnt i think of that. I knew you could do this with Axes but I assumed it would just take too long with anything else.

Hardware store turned up trumps so thats those 3 locations searched. Looks like I'm gonna have to punch trees down like this is minecraft. On top of this I now have 4 scratches and no infection. I'm starting to think perhaps this woman is made of metal.

There's 3 buildings and a trailer that offer a fair number of possibilities. These two buildings here and the trailer in the southeastern corner are all full of crates, though the self-storage building requires a sledge to access the majority of its containers. http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8150249929245434,0.1558920297591176,66.24737266949232

Then there's a hardware store here: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8131283903879042,0.14405840064279607,324.11645226811106 There's a normal door to the right of the lower garage door, hidden behind the corner of the other building, that leads into the back of the store. None of them offer as many containers as the warehouse or logging corp, but they're your best shot in West Point outside of looting garages and killing zombies.

I just posted a thread the other day about the same thing, but I was trying to find nails and a sledge. Everyone's recommending garages instead, but I personally think the risks outweigh the benefits there unless you're looking for other stuff too.

I have just searched all of the above places, plus a lot of garages. I didn't find one single axe, but I did find about 50 hammers and 150 nails. The crates in the hardware store were all full of books and magazines.

The issue with finding anything in West point is the loot is all jacked up. I went into the police station and found 30 9mm rounds and over 17 pieces of clothing in the gun lockers........... Same with the hardware store a few nails and clothes. I have given up finding anything in west point and ran back to Muldraugh. Im sure they are working on this but atm i have had to make 5 trips back to get stuff so i can survive in West point.

The issue with finding anything in West point is the loot is all jacked up. I went into the police station and found 30 9mm rounds and over 17 pieces of clothing in the gun lockers........... Same with the hardware store a few nails and clothes. I have given up finding anything in west point and ran back to Muldraugh. Im sure they are working on this but atm i have had to make 5 trips back to get stuff so i can survive in West point.

I suppose its to be expected what with WP being so new to the game. Loot balance will come.

I have just searched all of the above places, plus a lot of garages. I didn't find one single axe, but I did find about 50 hammers and 150 nails. The crates in the hardware store were all full of books and magazines.

You were in the post office, not the hardware store. I did the exact same thing the first time I went over there. Got inside and saw all the shelves and crates and got all excited, and then was like what the hell kind of hardware store is this? It's all paper!? There's a door to the right/east of the door you used that leads to the hardware store. It's in between the post office and the market. Hard to see because there's no storefront to look at from that side, and they're so close together. It's actually not even in the grey building, it's in the same building as the food market.

Here: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8133020378850464,0.14390245065769472,324.11645226811106 It's not the door you can see. Walk up to the door you can see, then walk to the right along the side of the building and you'll find it. See the corner of a semi-hidden garage door there? It's next to that. Can't see it in this picture. Have to be standing in the corner.

Here: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.8133020378850464,0.14390245065769472,324.11645226811106 It's not the door you can see. Walk up to the door you can see, then walk to the right along the side of the building and you'll find it. See the corner of a semi-hidden garage door there? It's next to that. Can't see it in this picture. Have to be standing in the corner.

Yeah it comes into view when you're behind the build with the green roof, its basically in the corner, better illustrated here;

mfbp2vT.jpg

I honestly keep finding most of mine on zombie corpses too, but that answer doesn't really help because it's just so random. In my current game I found one in the southeastern mill, then 2 more on zombie corpses on the trails between the main highway and the campground where I've been living. Just got lucky.