Can Zombies now kill in one attack? (Injury severity question)

FireOnAsphalt

Question

I didn't want to waste an entire forum post about this, but after a cursory glance through questions and threads I couldn't find an answer.

Q: Have zombie attacks been changed to allow for variety of severity in said wounds? Let me explain...

The other day, I had a character die immediately from one attack from a zombie; not sure if it was a scratch or a bite because I got the death moodle immediately. Curious.

I made a new character with the same settings, and tried getting attacked again. I received a scratch, then another attack which immediately zombified me. My sandbox settings are for infection mortality to be within 0-12 hours, so I chalked up the immediate zombification to a bad dice roll. I then repeated this process five more times, and three of those characters instantly died (death moodle, not zombified mind you) to a single attack. The other two were zombified while being attacked. Which, while surprising, I figured it was just the luck of the draw given my 0-12h infection mortality rate.

I'm just curious. To know that my throat can be torn out with a single swipe or bite resulting in my immediate death isn't unrealistic. I like that idea, really. :-o But I don't remember this ever happening the last time I played this game, which was about... eight months ago.

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, agreubill said:

Got something similar with that 0-12 hours (1 hour = 1 day IG time).  3 characters instantly dies w/o zombification moodle on a single attack. I switch back to the "standard" 2-3 days and that never happen again.

This is it.  With lower zombification times... a bite is insta death for some reason.

Archived