Zombie guards

BloodStrider

4 hours ago, BloodStrider said:

Good afternoon,

I think zombie guards would be a pretty cool idea. Where you could capture zombies and chain them to a fence, or on stakes around you're base as to camoflauge it a little bit from the encroaching zombie hordes. Food for thought.

I wanted to make a mod for this for a very long time. However last time I tried to it appeared that the onZombieUpdate event to add code to the zombie update loop appeared to be broken.  Otherwise a "My Little Zombie" mod is easy.

5 hours ago, BloodStrider said:

Good afternoon,

I think zombie guards would be a pretty cool idea. Where you could capture zombies and chain them to a fence, or on stakes around you're base as to camoflauge it a little bit from the encroaching zombie hordes. Food for thought.

Oh, OnZombieUpdate event works.  and im feeling motivated so i'll work on a zombie capturing mod. 

I'm imagining for starters, craft lasso stick with a rope and stick, then wack a zombie with it, after you hit a zombie with it, the zombie will be basically be immobile and you can drag it around, but attacking will also be disabled while doing this.  

then find a nice spot, take out your hammer and drive the stick lasso into the ground basically mounting your captured zombie to that spot and freeing up your hands once again. 

or alternatively, a key or option to just drop your wrangled zombie freeing the zombie .

idk about the camouflage part of it, but we'll see

• 2 weeks later...

So essentially like Michones pets or something similar right? Once upon a time, I had a list of ideas for said zombie slaves, a.k.a., Zlaves. here is what I had

1.) Carriers- you keep them on a leash and use them to carry your stuff by tying bags to them.

2.) Guards- you tied them to a fence or a stake.

a.)You could even plant thorn bushes or poison ivy near there feet so that over time they would be covered in thorns or poison ivy.

3.) Fighters- You could do a variety of things to make zombies deadlier (replacing fingers or hands with blades, covering them in spikes, putting them in armor, etc.) one really cool idea I had for these actually came from a dream in which an enemy group jammed razor blades in between zombie teeth and then super glued them in.

4.) Pullers- used to pull things.

a.) You could attach them to a wagon and essentially use a carrot on a stick to move them forward- only instead of a carrot, a cage with a small animal is used

b.) Essentially like 4a, but use more than one to turn large cranks to make power or to grind flour, like a windmill.

There are many other possibilities and some of the things I put up are probably unrealistic, but this is what I have.