What happened to Creative Mode?

Johnny Fisher

It was announced in the early Summer of 2015, if I remember correctly, and the last I heard of it was the beginning of this year, when it incorporated auto-generated buildings. What happened to it, and why isn't it being discussed at all? Wasn't it meant to be out this year? Is it even being worked on?

Indiestone don't get me wrong i love you guys and your game. But seriously, what happens is you announce that your doing something, (like creative) then you switch to something else to work on with a half built creative, then you go and work on something different and get that done so you have two half products that won't be released and really cool full product. it's really not efficient and don't announce things to people when they're not going to get done. Because then you have people murmuring that they want something to screaming that they want it now!

25 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

Indiestone don't get me wrong i love you guys and your game. But seriously, what happens is you announce that your doing something, (like creative) then you switch to something else to work on with a half built creative, then you go and work on something different and get that done so you have two half products that won't be released and really cool full product. it's really not efficient and don't announce things to people when they're not going to get done. Because then you have people murmuring that they want something to screaming that they want it now!

Oh well.

We're used to it now.

5 minutes ago, Queen Glory said:

No offense but thats kind of a poop answer.

That's just the way it is. Creative is an interesting concept and we'd like to have it out there, but animations (and the possibly of releasing NPCs after them) take precedence over a modding tool.

We'll just have to hope customers understand, as being scared of backlash for discussing their game and where they hope to go with it hasn't been a very effective mode of communication. Delays happen and mistakes are made -- because customers bought into an EA game, they'll get to see the development process directly, both good and bad.

I'm a fan of development processes like this, despite the possibility for disappointment. It's similar with another game that i love: baldurs gate. 

At the same time, I think that it is noteworthy that the modding community has kept that game alive for, what is it?--17 years? Modding has allowed that game to be pretty much all things to all players; any two setups can be a completely different experience that has made that game greater than the sum of it's parts

I think this game has the same potential...

4 hours ago, Butter Bot said:

...over a modding tool.

I can understand one can look at creative that way, but since long time, many people have tried to make maps for the game,  we have seen some awesome people (hi Xeonyx) bring pretty well balanced places to play and expand the game play,  we have seen the devs bring a community buildings map (and plan another),  but also have seen people try to use the tools to create those places and get bored/frustrated/angry with them and leaving the projects abandoned.

Since creative will bring a full new "simsy" way to "play", by adding the build mode, and that those places also are for yourself and other people to play on them,  knowing that many people like to build things in the game, i think of creative not as a modding tool, but a pretty good game feature that will bring old and new players to the game and a facewash even greater than anims and the ones with three letters that im not gonna mention :D. At least is the way i see it.

2 hours ago, EUDOXIO said:

I can understand one can look at creative that way, but since long time, many people have tried to make maps for the game,  we have seen some awesome people (hi Xeonyx) bring pretty well balanced places to play and expand the game play,  we have seen the devs bring a community buildings map (and plan another),  but also have seen people try to use the tools to create those places and get bored/frustrated/angry with them and leaving the projects abandoned.

Since creative will bring a full new "simsy" way to "play", by adding the build mode, and that those places also are for yourself and other people to play on them,  knowing that many people like to build things in the game, i think of creative not as a modding tool, but a pretty good game feature that will bring old and new players to the game and a facewash even greater than anims and the ones with three letters that im not gonna mention :D. At least is the way i see it.

At the end of the day, the order in which the devs choose to complete features is theirs. They know the code, and the reasons for the priorities they set, we do not. Either trust that they know what they're doin, or don't. If you don't.. wait till 1.0 goes gold.

22 minutes ago, EUDOXIO said:

I know, and i dont want to rush anything from my comment, just pointing that is an important feature more than a modding tool, sorry if i get carried for the ilusion for it :)

Yah, it's a really cool feature, and one that a lot of us are watching with great interest. It's on the firm todo list, until TIS sells say 10 million copies or somint, rushing development and endangering finances by hiring too many devs just aint happening ;)

Archived