Food preferences

GOGOblin

To make characters more alive, let's add some random food preferences for them. Finding your favorite food is a good way to reduce sadness and boredom.

Also after character reaches a certain level of hunger all food can be tagged as favorite to represent culinary indiscrimination of a hungry person.

It would be also nice to highlight beloved food in inventory menus (kinda adding something to a sprite) - this will make the game more roguelike because of hunting those sweet canned chili.. : ) .

zombie-land-talahasse-with-.jpg

12 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Relevant to your interests^

Yep, pure realism with little effort.  

My suggestion is more about entertainment, thus the picture, but will join Okamikurainya's idea, which is more serious.

Edited by GOGOblin

Neat idea. I'd thought about this before, and here is something else i find balancing. If you have a favorite food or to, there should also be a few random foods you hate, giving you unhappiness if you have to eat them and aren't staving. Also I think if your starving that any food should give you a small moral boost, no mater how nasty.

16 hours ago, GOGOblin said:

To make characters more alive, let's add some random food preferences for them. Finding your favorite food is a good way to reduce sadness and boredom.

Also after character reaches a certain level of hunger all food can be tagged as favorite to represent culinary indiscrimination of a hungry person.

It would be also nice to highlight beloved food in inventory menus (kinda adding something to a sprite) - this will make the game more roguelike because of hunting those sweet canned chili.. : ) .

zombie-land-talahasse-with-.jpg

9 hours ago, TheWraithPlayer said:

Neat idea. I'd thought about this before, and here is something else i find balancing. If you have a favorite food or to, there should also be a few random foods you hate, giving you unhappiness if you have to eat them and aren't staving. Also I think if your starving that any food should give you a small moral boost, no mater how nasty.

I like the ideas. Maybe slowly overtime survivors could get desensitized to the food they're eating i.e. rats, cockroaches, mouses, and other unconventional foods negative effects going away.