A button for reloading.

Demonic_Kat

So I have been playing that accrual mini game on PZ a lot lately using hardcore reload mode. While I like that you must reload your weapon and then rack it in order to fire it, I do not like the fact that I have to keep my inventory screen open and right click to reload. Sometimes I click my shoes, what's up with that? I'm not going to accidentally try to reload my shoes regardless of how panicked I am. I propose a hotkey, much like the 'x' to rack, for reloading.

If there is already a key for this, please ignore my rant and kindly tell me what it is. (hehe)

Edit: On a side note, perhaps reloading while panicked could lead to dropping of ammunition.

Edited by Demonic_Kat

Usually, if situation is that bad, so you need to shoot your way out, you don't really have time to reload magazines. I mostly do all my reloading at home, because it's really time consuming. And, if I go on the shooting mission I always have loaded gun and a few additional loaded magazines, so I can reload fast, if I need to. 

So, yeah, it's "R".

14 hours ago, Keshash said:

Usually, if situation is that bad, so you need to shoot your way out, you don't really have time to reload magazines. I mostly do all my reloading at home, because it's really time consuming. And, if I go on the shooting mission I always have loaded gun and a few additional loaded magazines, so I can reload fast, if I need to. 

So, yeah, it's "R".

22 hours ago, Morbo513 said:

Yeah, it's "R". Press it once to eject the current mag, again to insert the next one with the most ammo. 

Well I was speaking more of the shotgun. I usually carry loaded clips around with me (though I didn't know it would automatically load the one with the most ammo) for hand guns, but the shotgun doesn't use clips. You must hit "reload" on the item itself. While I understand that it may be something for challenge, it just seems tedious with the shotgun. You're not ejecting mags to reload small ammunition you're taking large ammo off your belt or out of your pocket to load. While this may take dexterity (time) and practice (the xp bar in reloading) I believe it shouldn't make you open your inventory window, right click your weapon, and hit reload. Much like with the R button for ejecting magazines and the x button for racking, there should be a button for reloading.