Dismantle and scavenge everything

MXXIV

Although there already was some dismantle action added to the game, it doesn't really satisfy me. It uses the same tools for everything and is very limited. I already wanted to do this mod long time ago, so I did it now.

Dismantle all

This mod aims to allow player to dismantle as many in-game objects as possible.

9j9GxmC.png

Different objects require different tools and different skills. Dismantling most objects grants experience for related skills. Dismantling complicated objects takes a long time.

Current status

Currently, almost all one-tile furniture can be dismantled. Dismantling furniture grans carpentry experience and often also requires carpentry skill level. Doors can be also dismantled, though only if they're open.

Several electronic objects can be dismantled, such as televisions and microwave ovens - both useless once electricity is off.

Limitations

• Multi tile objects cannot be dismantled, because the objects are not connected anyhow. Same problem happens with sledgehammer so I guess there's no ingame API to deal with this yet:
    jrOJzoD.png
  • Currently, loot is not randomized.

Plans for full version

• Randomize loot from dismantled items
  • Allow players to restore dismantle progress
  • Increase speed depending on skill
  • Skill should also improve loot
  • Certain items should make operation faster/slower (eg. Axe vs Raw Axe)
  • Load dismantle recipes from txt scripts rather than lua code
  • Also add dismantle recipes for inventory items
  • Smooth interaction with other mods

This mod is moddable!

You can easily change behavior of this mod. Add more objects in lua/client/Data/ObjectAssociations.lua. To view info about clicked objects, enable debug in lua/client/Context/ISDismantleMenu.lua, by setting debug property to true. You can also add more dismantle definitions in lua/client/Data/ObjectTypeDefs.lua.

I appreciate your feedback!

Currently, the mod is unbalanced. Many items are surely missing. I will appreciate your ideas or criticisms! If you understand Lua, I will also appreciate some code-review. This is my first Lua code ever.

To download, click on attached file

Dismantle.7z

Edited by MXXIV

Haven't tested the mod, but it's worth noting that televisions are dismantable in vanilla game, though I think it is solved a different way here in the mod, as you can pick up TV set and dismantle it just like any other radio item. 

6 hours ago, fluffe9911 said:

Now we just need a mod that allows you to pick up everything any way this seems like a cool mod lol

One tile objects already are :P And as far I would like to pick up multi-tile objects, it seems that the devs have to solve the current limitations first.

Multi tile objects cannot be dismantled, because the objects are not connected anyhow. Same problem happens with sledgehammer so I guess even PZ devs can't solve it:

If (texture string matches a multi-tile texturename) then

check adjacent tiles for similarly named texture

end

Quite certain there's very few instances where two multitile objects of the same type are near one another. (e.x. two warddrobes side by side)

Nice mod.

1 minute ago, MXXIV said:

I really need to update the game I guess.

It's a part of build 34 - as long as there's feature to pick up and place furniture and radios, the option should be there to dismantle the RV as long as you have screwdriver in your inventory (it should also appear as a recipe)

8 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

check adjacent tiles for similarly named texture

Are "furniture_seating_indoor_01_13" and "furniture_seating_indoor_01_14" similar? Well nice, but they are two different chairs, not one multi-tile object...

Only way seems to be manual lookup table. Which would make development even more pain than it is now.

Edited by MXXIV

I have hidden many, many posts in this thread. Let's leave it at that and stay on topic here, regarding MXXIV's neat mod please. Other discussions about the game, development, etc, will vanish mysteriously if posted here.

10 hours ago, Faalagorn said:

Haven't tested the mod, but it's worth noting that televisions are dismantable in vanilla game, though I think it is solved a different way here in the mod, as you can pick up TV set and dismantle it just like any other radio item. 

One tile objects already are :P And as far I would like to pick up multi-tile objects, it seems that the devs have to solve the current limitations first.

Well there are still a ton of one tile objects that I wish I could grab up the most notable including walls and doors. lol

Edited by fluffe9911

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2016 at 6:08 AM, fluffe9911 said:

Well there are still a ton of one tile objects that I wish I could grab up the most notable including walls and doors. lol

i think they atleast have plans for doors, i saw the icon in game and also i think some codes that implies dismantling of doors