Stabby weapons ?

EvaN

I feel like blade weapons (knifes, screwdrivers, etc...) are not given enough love ?

I hear people only use baseball bats, axes or crowbars in this game ? They're nice, but always require many hits to kill a zombie, and when facing many, you rarely have time to finish one off the ground before the next comes too close... not really a problem when facing 2-3 zeds, but it can be when facing more...

So in my last game I was stuck with nothing but a screwdriver and...DAMN blade weapons rock ! Never went back to the blunt weapons since... you can oneshot any zombie with them, it just requires timing. Get real close, wait for zeds to start their "bite" animation, and click... pow, dead zombie. Using this "critical hit" only makes those blades last a long time, about the same time as a baseball bat, except you can quickly dispatch any zombie. You can even take on many zombies at a time, it just requires proper positioning / shoving. Way less of a hassle than blunt weapons in my opinion. Even more : They weight less than blunt weapons AND you have your secondary slot free for a bag or whatever...

Anybody else playing blades only ?

I use a hunting knife when I reach a high blade-guard, since sometimes it's difficult to gauge whether it is the right time to swing or not (especially if you are surrounded).

I'd never advise anyone to bring a knife to fight a horde, but for travel purposes if you have that timing down you can avoid carrying an axe entirely. I'd still say you need a two-handed weapon for those mass zed fights, because the knife could break and you may need something with a high knockback.

While I like the stab-feature in knives, I find that they break too fast for my liking. I prefer blunt just because the weapons for this type are plentiful, and it provides me more of a challenge than knife use.

Knives are so good for a weak character without the skills. I played a character with no strength and no skills in any weapon and only thanks to to knives 1hko move I was able to carry on through the beginning stages (although it is possible to melee a zombie even barehanded, it just takes too long).

The only problem is that they break so easily, but thankfully butter knives can 1HKO a few zombies too. I also think that your skills don't really go that fast up when using those moves, especially mainteneance - but thankfully it's possible to build it up by cutting some trees :)

It's good there are fans of both though - means they are relatively balanced.

I've used a kitchen knife on zombies before and loved the speed of kill with it! However, I found it broke rather quickly. I tend to stick with baseball bats and the like for their relative durability plus the useful knock-back when facing multiple zombies at once.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2016 at 10:10 PM, blindcoder said:

9 days, 305 zombies, axe only, usually in hordes of 30+ zombies.

Knives have brought many a survivor over to the undead population here.

How about 300 zombies a day?

http://imgur.com/a/wmigo

It's on the You Have One Day map.

Stab weapon is OP as hell. But vanilla game only have limited amount of them while in Hydrocraft, every zombie could potentially carry one machete or at least the machete last until you find another one.

Machete kills, that what he does. - Charlie Sheen

Archived