Jump to content
Faalagorn

Showing remaining amount of drainable items in UI after expanding tree

Recommended Posts

It rustles my jimmies that while the nutrition (hunger) for food and remaining condition of weapons is neatly displayed when you expand the item in inventory, it doesn't show the remaining amount of drainable items and water containers, making you having to hover on each item to figure out which item is partialy depleted and which is not.

It's less problem for water as you can pour water from one container to another, it's really problematic with other items, if you want to take a item with more uses on you or use up the ones that are partially empty to gain some extra weight in containers, since you can't combine them (another feature I'd love to see BTW).

I know the UI update is coming down the road (I think!), but would be nice to see that before it anyway :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't? I recall showing remaining water left in containers like botles/cups...

Same for drainables like pills, tissue, salt...

 

If it's not showing now it might be a recent bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't? I recall showing remaining water left in containers like botles/cups...

Same for drainables like pills, tissue, salt...

 

 

I think OP means the green bar is not as usable as the numbres.

No and no. While I agree with blindcoder that the green bar is nowhere as readable as the numbers, same goes to HP bar in health :)

What I mean is that the green bar is not visible without hovering, unlike the nutrition and condition bar, here's the screenshot to demonstrate that:

post-2963-0-80256600-1456435575_thumb.pn

The "Remaining" bar should appear instead of the item's name at the 2nd line when the item list is expanded (at the "Type" column), all the items pictured here without the bar should be able to show it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Combining will be a nice feature :) so like if we have 2 vitamins and one of them contain 25% and the other 50% we can combine to 75%. I agree we should see item user delta without having to hover on them like what Faalagorn said :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I mean is that the green bar is not visible without hovering, unlike the nutrition and condition bar, here's the screenshot to demonstrate that:

attachicon.gifthis.png

The "Remaining" bar should appear instead of the item's name at the 2nd line when the item list is expanded (at the "Type" column), all the items pictured here without the bar should be able to show it.

 

 

Aaaah, now I see what you mean. Yeah, that'd really be nice...

 

Combining will be a nice feature :) so like if we have 2 vitamins and one of them contain 25% and the other 50% we can combine to 75%. I agree we should see item user delta without having to hover on them like what Faalagorn said :)

 

That is actually part of my Secondhand Loots mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

What I mean is that the green bar is not visible without hovering, unlike the nutrition and condition bar, here's the screenshot to demonstrate that:

attachicon.gifthis.png

The "Remaining" bar should appear instead of the item's name at the 2nd line when the item list is expanded (at the "Type" column), all the items pictured here without the bar should be able to show it.

 

 

Aaaah, now I see what you mean. Yeah, that'd really be nice...

 

Combining will be a nice feature :) so like if we have 2 vitamins and one of them contain 25% and the other 50% we can combine to 75%. I agree we should see item user delta without having to hover on them like what Faalagorn said :)

 

That is actually part of my Secondhand Loots mod.

 

 

I have studied the secondhand Loot mod before (was looking for a way to merge user delta for my paint mixing mod) but did not figure out how its done yet :P however you did it automatically (with exception of certain objects like the propane tank if i remember correctly and some others by placing them on a certain list or applying a certain tag to them i forgot exactly)

 

i am sure you can also make them to work manually :D i really need this to improve the vanilla patch mod too :P (i got so much headache last time trying to work this out and so i work on other things 1st before going back to that later :P )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I used to have a seperate mod (but no more) to merge manually, but it got tedious quickly.

The rules of merging are these:

- If the items are identical, merge them

- unless they are moved to the floor (couldn't get that coded up...)

- unless they have a ReplaceOnUseOn item defined

- and unless BCGT.MergeIgnoe[item:getFullType()] is set

 

That last one was to not merge Batteries, Flashlights and other things that can't be merged without a tool (which technically is also true for pill blisters, but eh...) and to allow other mods to prevent merging of their items easily.

 

The entirety of the merging code is very short and available here:

https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-bcRandomizedItems/blob/master/media/lua/client/bcRandomizedItems.lua

Edited by blindcoder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I used to have a seperate mod (but no more) to merge manually, but it got tedious quickly.

The rules of merging are these:

- If the items are identical, merge them

- unless they are moved to the floor (couldn't get that coded up...)

- unless they have a ReplaceOnUseOn item defined

- and unless BCGT.MergeIgnoe[item:getFullType()] is set

 

That last one was to not merge Batteries, Flashlights and other things that can't be merged without a tool (which technically is also true for pill blisters, but eh...) and to allow other mods to prevent merging of their items easily.

 

The entirety of the merging code is very short and available here:

https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-bcRandomizedItems/blob/master/media/lua/client/bcRandomizedItems.lua

 

yeah that was the code that gave me nightmares and headache Lol. I hope since the last time i look at it i might have improved a bit so i might understand it better this time Lol :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...