Special Zed Class

Okamikurainya

Another couple of suggestions, I did do a quick check and couldn't spot anything similar.

1: Special Zeds.

I don't mean Left4Dead style mutants, that's the far end of the spectrum. What I mean is Zombies that spawn specific to an area or building or have unique attributes.

Police zombies in full riot gear around and in a police station that take more hits to kill.

-

Seriously decomposed zombies that die easily but have a greater chance at causing infections and spreading THE infection.

-

Military zombies, perhaps with a grenade hooked to their belt that could explode if shot.

-

Zombies with traits inherited from their humans and NPCs. Strong characters turned zombies are harder to knock down, those who were very fast get a bit of a shambling speed boost, etc.

2: Zombie Mode.

With the addition of NPCs eventually making its' way to the public or simply just as a little interesting bonus for after you die; imagine playing as a zombie. The player could move around and attack other players (though not able to harm other Zeds). They wouldn't be able to use items or open doors, but they'd be able to issue a hoarde gathering moan. Perhaps in multiplayer a time limit would be attatched to prevent spiteful players for gathering a zombie army but as a singleplayer minigame, dropping you in the centre of Muldraugh and starting the rise of the dead could be epic.

What do you think?

I think that we are going to see zombies with riot armor and stuff like that way later on, but other than that i dont think we are going to see zombies who can blow you up or stuff like that.

And in theory you can already play as a zombie, just get infected, die by the infection and there you go, you are playing as a zombie now (literally).

[n]    "Special" Infected or any type of superhuman zombies

Specific named weapons (such as AK47, M14, etc.)

I take that as meaning no Left4Dead style mutations. The zombies I'm talking about aren't superhuman or "special infected", they just make sense. Policeman zombies by the police station and zeds benifitting from the gear and traits they had before zombification.

I mean, zombies in suits and ties in the Knox Bank, Spiffo's fry cooks in aprons, farmer zombies, doctor zombies.

Then again, I guess the Putrid Zombies idea does kind of fall into the mutant side of things but it would be amazing if zeds decayed overtime. I mean they already get slower and such but there's no visual representation.

Imagine if they became more infectious as they decayed, they're leaking out fluids from all over their bodies. It would add a fear factor to the late survivors, going out and killing zeds would be easier but so would the chance of becoming infected making the late game more risky and less farm in fort, rinse, repeat.

I think that we are going to see zombies with riot armor and stuff like that way later on, but other than that i dont think we are going to see zombies who can blow you up or stuff like that.

I hope so. And yeah, the zombie with grenade attatched is a bit over the top but that scene from season 5 of the Walking Dead really struck a chord with me. But the devs said no to military aid, whether this means there will be no military (but... But Fort Knox?) or if they'll just be useless and fall early, I don't know. Either way, military zombies will be few and far between if they're around at all.

And in theory you can already play as a zombie, just get infected, die by the infection and there you go, you are playing as a zombie now (literally).

Nah, you watch in horror as your body moves about and starts humping the nearest door. :P

In past posts I think Devs said this is planned. Zombies wearing the gear they had before death I mean.

I don't know about part two though.

With the coming of NPCs, I guess that's obvious. But I can only hope they'll benefit from the gear.

EDIT: I also didn't see that "playing as a zombie" was on the list of "no's" until my fourth read. :I

It doesn't have a "[n]" next to it so I probably thought it had something to do with personal hygiene. Sigh... I can still dream of my days as a zombie. T_T

• 5 weeks later...

(tophat)

Like the idea that some zombies should wear spicific gears or cloth, or contain specific loots (example: easier to find ammo from a zombie police officer).

But I don't like the idea of causing explosion by shooting zombie solidiers, since we cannot fully control our characters' aiming. I think it is better to make some fixed items like oil barrels became explosible.