Can traits cancel out each other?

Asparagus

What I have tried is the security guard, who has night owl then pick sleepy head...

So far, sleepy head takes precedence... O__O

I always wondered what would happen if I chose lucky and then unlucky along with eagle eyes then blind...

What I have tried is the security guard, who has night owl then pick sleepy head...

So far, sleepy head takes precedence... O__O

I always wondered what would happen if I chose lucky and then unlucky along with eagle eyes then blind...

Night Owl is already know to be bugged, as it does absolutely nothing.

The fact that you can take Lucky and Unlucky, as well as Eagle Eyes and Short Sighted, seems to be a bug as well, as they should cancel each other out (and thus being unelectable together), much like Athletic and Obese do.

I chose stout and obese or overweight once (IIRC) and my char only had 9kg max carrying capacity and would get that wheezing moodle after just 10 axe swings. T____T

I feel like they don't just cancel each other. The negative trait takes precedence... but I read somewhere that you can work off some of the negative traits. Like exercising can remove obese or increase fitness and strength. Is that true?

I chose stout and obese or overweight once (IIRC) and my char only had 9kg max carrying capacity and would get that wheezing moodle after just 10 axe swings. T____T

I feel like they don't just cancel each other. The negative trait takes precedence... but I read somewhere that you can work off some of the negative traits. Like exercising can remove obese or increase fitness and strength. Is that true?

Hey lucy (...why you looking at me like that :shock: ....is that an axe in your hand  :oops: ....pls dont kill me  :cry: ), xD I found out recently when you look at your skills ingame you can click on the small arrow to show the strength and fitness, The default values for each is 5, if you take obese (-5 fit) and weak (-5 str) it means you start at 0 on both, Things like running increases fitness and killing zombies is strength, If you can get fitness and strength from 0 to 5 (default) I believe you lose the negative traits obese/weak. If you can even get them to lvl 9 each you can even gain the stout and athlete positive traits. But even just to lose the negative traits it takes such a long time, I think I managed to go from 0-1 on both strength and fitness in about 3 hours of constantly running everywhere and killing a ton of zombies lol but I really like the concept of being able to lose/gain traits like this.

Hey lucy (...why you looking at me like that :shock: ....is that an axe in your hand  :oops: ....pls dont kill me  :cry: ), xD I found out recently when you look at your skills ingame you can click on the small arrow to show the strength and fitness, The default values for each is 5, if you take obese (-5 fit) and weak (-5 str) it means you start at 0 on both, Things like running increases fitness and killing zombies is strength, If you can get fitness and strength from 0 to 5 (default) I believe you lose the negative traits obese/weak. If you can even get them to lvl 9 each you can even gain the stout and athlete positive traits. But even just to lose the negative traits it takes such a long time, I think I managed to go from 0-1 on both strength and fitness in about 3 hours of constantly running everywhere and killing a ton of zombies lol but I really like the concept of being able to lose/gain traits like this.

It does take along time to get those passive skills (I think that they are called that) increased. I don't think it takes away much either considering you an pick obese and eventually work it off. It is in the long run giving you extra positive trait points with no consequences but is different at the beginning of a chars story :D I think it adds realism but I wouldn't exactly know, I've never tried obese :P 

In my builds I generally pick Obese so I can grab quite a few positive traits in return, actually. It makes early-game a lot harder but within about a month of running around scavaging you work off the negatives of that trait and begin to run quicker.
It's hilarious too because an obese character running with sprinting 1 is like running normal lol. I feel like I'm this obese monstrosity of a man, engulfing potatoes as I hack away at zombies.

That's because stout is not the opposite of obese or overweight. Stout's opposite would be weak or feeble, and obese/overweight's is fit and athletic.

Archived