Hills?

valhalla_bound

I'd personally like to see elevation changes. Perhaps ponds/drainage ditches that collect water, hills, etc.

With this it would be nice if we could add a lock on system or the ability to aim up or down.

"Welp. Here I am on the Second floor with a rifle and a butt ton of ammo... Oh buch of zed's in the yard with a lovely view from my window. Better go down stairs..."

It's been suggested many times to have different elevations, and the devs thought about it at one point when they wanted to go full 3D, but since that wasn't necessary (due to EasyPickin's optimizations) it's unlikely that it's going to happen. It's in the pile called plausible, but unlikely.

The shooting from second floor should become a thing at some point if I'm not mistaken. It's been suggested a lot.

It's been suggested many times to have different elevations, and the devs thought about it at one point when they wanted to go full 3D, but since that wasn't necessary (due to EasyPickin's optimizations) it's unlikely that it's going to happen. It's in the pile called plausible, but unlikely.

The shooting from second floor should become a thing at some point if I'm not mistaken. It's been suggested a lot.

shooting from second floor is possible, it was added in build 28 but its buggy sometime.

shooting from second floor is possible, it was added in build 28 but its buggy sometime.

Ha! I never noticed. Maybe I haven't played enough or used enough weapons. :D Is it possible from windows too?

Ha! I never noticed. Maybe I haven't played enough or used enough weapons. :D Is it possible from windows too?
not sure. last time I was shooting from malls roof top. It was a fun time killer (i hate leg fracture).

not sure. last time I was shooting from malls roof top. It was a fun time killer (i hate leg fracture).

happens to the best of us, happens to the best...

How does the shooting from a higher 'level/elevation' work? Does it just hit the closest target?

Ideally, I'd like to choose my targets. Its one thing when you are at street level and a horde of zombies are coming at you and you fire into the horde hoping to drop a few; but if I was up on a roof with a hunting rifle, I wouldn't just blindly shoot into the horde. I would take my time, pick my targets, and pick them off.

I know there used to be a targeting reticule in the game way back when and I understand that it didn't work well. But, what I would love to see is that if you held down 'cntrl' or 'rmb' a targeting reticle would replace the mouse cursor and we could hover over our targets and manually pick our targets.

There has been a host of other suggestions about target locking that I also wouldn't be opposed to.