Any way to increase xp gain for carpentry?

DukeDuvel

Hi,

so I neglected to get a point into carpentry and it seems I get 1 point of xp per log that I saw, 1 for a floor board and 1 for a log wall. I read the beginner book and the multiplier isn't working (it's active though).

This way it'll take an eternity to get to lvl 4 for rain barrels and what I've gleaned from the forums this is intentional design.

Now I hate to start a new character since this one's doing so well. Is there any way to edit some config/settings file so I can continue with this character and make carpentry usable? Or a mod even?

I don't want to get my carpentry to level 4 on a click, but a bit more xp for an action would be nice. Or the multiplier to work...

thanks!

There are 5 books, each gives multiplier for 2 levels.

I once had a bug where the multiplier stayed after I learned level 2 but was inactive, you need to read the next book "Carpentry for Intermediates" to get it for level 3-4.

Unless you did that and it still; doesn't work in which case it's probably a bug of some kind.

there are 3 ways:

1 when you create character pick carpentry as starting skill, it will give you from 75% - 125% xp boost

2 Fast learner give you 30% extra xp

3 reading a book give you xp multiplier

You can use all of them at once.

Is your carpentry at level 1 (the first skillbox coloured in) or is it at 0 (no skillboxes coloured in)? If it's at 0, then it makes perfect sense that you aren't getting the multiplier, since the multiplier applies to level 1-2, 3-4, etc

Is your carpentry at level 1 (the first skillbox coloured in) or is it at 0 (no skillboxes coloured in)? If it's at 0, then it makes perfect sense that you aren't getting the multiplier, since the multiplier applies to level 1-2, 3-4, etc

1-2 So it applies when he is just starting to get exp in Lvl 1, otherwise 1-2 books only apply to level 2 (When you start at level 1).

Also, experience for Barricading and Sawing Logs is not multiplied. It should for building floor.

Really, the best way to level your carpentry is to cut down a LOT of trees and saw the logs into planks and build floor with them. ignore the exertion moodle if there are no zombies nearby. I've cut down, sawed and built something with well over 300+ trees to get to level 10 from level 1. Starting from level 0 I imagine it will take a LOT more. It's intended to be that way.

Edit: Hell, it took me 4 Months (in-game) of base building to get to level 10 and I started with +75% exp.

Hi,

thanks again for all replies. Bunch of updated facts.

- My character build didn't have any carpentry perks.

- I read the book from front to back

- The box in level 1 and 2 kept stating, multiplier: 3

- Sawing, barricading -and- floorboards keep giving 1 xp

- Progressed to level 2.

- Read the next skillbook level 3-4 (front to back, all pages, multiplier active in the current 'learning' box (3)). Carpentry now at level 2.

First wall I have build with planks -> 1 xp. :shock:  next one too... etc.

So the problem seems to persist through levels and skillbooks. But judging from the replies this is not a normal for the current (stable) build.

Weird...

Hej buddy,

I had the same thing on a character of mine, so intended or not, its in the game and its not like your character is bugged. If you dont take a point in it at creation, youre screwed. I actually suicided my character after I put hours and hours of work into it since it somehow just wont go faster if on higher levels. I think I gave up around lvl 4-5? You have been warned! :D

I cant actually help you with your question. I play mod-free.

Thanks Pttuw for the heads up. Solved the whole issue:

The Wiki states that starting with a skill at lvl 0 will give you a 0.25% modifier... rounded up apparently. So even a project giving 4 xp will net you 1 xp effectively.

What doesn't at up is that the skillbook should make that 3 xp. I'll test a bit more. But it doesn't seem to be a bug.

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Skills

Archived