Armor system and multiple types of ammo for the same weapon.

blackteapie

The clothes only provide defense against cold weather and scratches sharpe glass,in the current version.

But,the clothes could provide some sort of defence against other harms,like zombie bites or gun shots.

And the clothes or armors should not be just provide a defence figure for the whole body. Body coverage should also be a important figure or trait of a cloth. For example a shirt may have lower deffences than a vest,but its coverage will be larger than a vest.

Further more it will be more fun,if a cloth (or armor) can provide different defense figure for different body part. For example,it may concentrate the defences on the chest area.

BTW,it should be even better,if PZ could give players a sight bead which allows players to target a specific body part of their opponents. With the ability to target specific body parts,player can have a chance to kill a heavyly armored opponent with a crappy gun (or other ranged weapons,like a bow),if they are good at aiming (both the skill of the character and the reflection of the player). The skill of aiming will decide the size of the sight,which is also the size for ballistic spreading.

Because of armor system,there should be more than one choices of ammo for every firearm (or bows,e.g different shapes of arrow heads).

For example:

Hollow Point ammo,high damage,but it will suffer full damage reduction against armor;

Projectile ammo,lower damage compare to HP ammo,but it only suffer half of the damage reduction.

Buck shot,can bring damages to a group of targets(within a large sector of area)but the damage is quite low. Better be used for hunting small animals or knocking back zombie hordes.

Arrow shaped shells,projectile ammo for shot guns.

How about reading the commonly suggested post before posting? *Subtly being passivly agressive*

That's a great way to get mistaken for being aggressive.

For the future, please relay this politely.

What can I say. I'm a mean one

77cbc5f02a17845264fa2363a543273a.jpg

I can see why people plan to make their own and i do too but the exception i see is if it a a HUGE suggestion. My ideas will cover warmth and armor and fills a whole spiral notebook with ideas and etc. Its going to be simplified for sake of simplicity though. Still people do need to take a few seconds to look within the first 2-3 pages of suggestions before posting.

I've stated this in an older thread, but I like the way DayZ currently handles its weaponry; very basic means of violence that doesn't outshine the zombie threat. It's already really easy to stockpile ammo and rid yourself of zeds, even if you're on a sandbox server with zed-numbers bumped up.

Unless you're talking about PvP scenarios, to which I strongly and heartily say "Please God, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, H1Z1 and DayZ have enough of that"

I've stated this in an older thread, but I like the way DayZ currently handles its weaponry; very basic means of violence that doesn't outshine the zombie threat. It's already really easy to stockpile ammo and rid yourself of zeds, even if you're on a sandbox server with zed-numbers bumped up.

Unless you're talking about PvP scenarios, to which I strongly and heartily say "Please God, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, H1Z1 and DayZ have enough of that"

PvP could be affected by armor system and ammo type system. But you forgot that zombies and NPCs could wear armor too.

I may be wrong, but I think that falls under the 'special zeds' suggestion that's already been denied.

Well,I think special zeds in PZ is mutant zeds or super zeds,which has some sort of super powers which human won't have in the actual worlds(except the power of reviving from death).

Regardless, I think NPCs wearing armor might be a good idea. But... Ammo types still give me a weird feeling.

Well,how to deal with armor will become a crucial issue for players,if armors are introduced into PZ.

There are several popular ways to gaim armor piercing effect.

1. Find a better (ranged)weapon whose damage figure is higher than your opponents' defense. But I think it's too simple, and lacking tactics.

2. shoot those areas where are uncovered by armor(or lightly armored). This will need armor system has a body coverage differemtiatiom for different types of armors.

3. using armor piercing ammo to do the job.