Explosion

Tomwa

So I had a 16 oz. bottle of diet coke on my desk and when I walked over and opened it, it exploded. This sent quit a bit of soda everywhere. It does however get worse, I put the cap back on the soda set it back on my desk and it fell off. The bottle fizzed and I grabbed it and ran towards the bathroom, about halfway there it explodes all over the hallway, up the walls, on the carpet, down the stairs, everywhere.

I think you could kill someone with this stuff. Anyone got tips on how to remove diet coke stains from white walls and beige carpets?

Cillit bang! (For surfaces, removes grime, lime, and dirt.)

And Vanish (for carpets and fabrics.)

You have to know that here these same commercials have a HORRIBLE dutch voice-over.

It's so ridicilous that I usually laugh watching it...

But when you enjoy an advert, it makes you want to buy the product :D Maybe...

It's safe to say the walls are going to have to be repainted (They look awful) but the carpets are OK.

Flat paint? Anything with a gloss shouldn't absorb soda.

It's not enamel paint it has a rough texture and has plaster mixed in.

It's safe to say the walls are going to have to be repainted (They look awful) but the carpets are OK.

Flat paint? Anything with a gloss shouldn't absorb soda.

It's not enamel paint it has a rough texture and has plaster mixed in.

We generally use acrylics here with a gloss content, rather than texture walls with plaster. But it does happen.

With that, you're probably rather screwed the moment it gets wet.

Plaster =\

Painting the walls, I got a little bit of paint on the textured ceiling. Thinking that that was alright, that just a little bit of water would take it right off . . . I gave wiping it off with a dam rag a shot.

Well, now I have a nice smooth spot on my ceiling.

There's a reason manufacturers tend not to recommend mixing paint with drywall compound or plaster. :(

Archived