How To Install / Uninstall Mods

RoboMat

Hello, 

After coming back to PZ after some time away, I have tried to deactivate a mod that I had installed some time ago. But even after unchecking it in the mods menu, deleting the mod files in Username/Zomboid/Mods folder, verifying the cache and reinstalling the game, the mod is still showing up in game. Am I doing something wrong? The mod is making it impossible to play, it wasn't meant for this game version.

Hello, 

After coming back to PZ after some time away, I have tried to deactivate a mod that I had installed some time ago. But even after unchecking it in the mods menu, deleting the mod files in Username/Zomboid/Mods folder, verifying the cache and reinstalling the game, the mod is still showing up in game. Am I doing something wrong? The mod is making it impossible to play, it wasn't meant for this game version.

Are you sure you have deleted the correct files? Delete the whole Zomboid folder to be sure (chances are your savegames and everything else is quite worthless, if you have been away for a long time.) 

• 2 months later...

help, im downloading some mods and they dont come in a folder, it just comes in a single thing thats just a basic thing i can open in a notepad, help?

Can you give us the download link please?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cr5fdcbovu1xivd/ApCom1.1+LuaNet.rar is one, for the ApCom mod straight off of these fourms, and i also tryed the pz-mod site and didnt work.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! Have a problem with weapon mods, has been trying to solve it for a whole eternity... The problem is that no matter what mod I install, all melee weapons or guns are not seen when I equip them, or they change into the original weapon( axe, knife, pistol etc) Is there any way to solve that? Thank you !

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Ooops, I did a derp.

The post was meant for a different thread.

Good info though, I was trying to install my non-workshop mods in the Zomboid directory in the Steam folder. It should probably be removed.

Edited by Gennadios

• 9 months later...

Small update here to other who may have/had problem like me with locating PZ steam mod folder(s) when using workshop.   First post is incorrect in my case with steam PZ install.  Mods are installed under C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\108600   and  there are mods each in it own numerical folder located in it in subfolder " \mod".       Like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\498441420\mods\Hydrocraft  etc.       When mods get installed enywhere but not in main game Mod  or main user folder  ^^

Edited by Hrv123
typo

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...