Soups/stews should replenish thirst

unmog

Pretty basic one this suggestion, I was really surprised [it ended up getting me killed, died of thirst] when I found out soups and stews didn't restore thirst. It's a pretty basic fix too... I went in and was looking at all the various items and just added this line to all the stews and soups I could find. I added it to the bowl of ramen noodles too, since thats a soup as well.

ThirstChange = -85,

Which is the same as a can of soda. I figured that was fair since soda somehow restores hunger... another mystery I havent quite figured out yet.

Not more than a can of soda, the same :P I wasn't sure what other number to pick, and I know a can of soda actually replenishes MY thirst less than drinking an actual glass of water. Sometimes I feel more thirsty after a soda than I did before I drank it.

Of course the actual numbers can be tweeked and so on, I just chose soda for the base test.

I'm of the opinion that any stew or soup worth it's salt (ramen also) is super salty! Therefore I'm not upset that thirst isn't replenished when you have a bowl. It seems so me that vinegar soaked pickles increase thirst (you guys who look at the code would know if that's true better than I). So quenching thirst? Nah I'm ok with it how it is.

But then there's soda.. I don't know how pop decreases hunger, it's not a can of Guinness..

Well in soup there is 1 liter of water at least and in game you don't use salt etc so soup is not salty so it should give huge bonus to thirst (vegetables are not salty if someone of you don't know that :P).

Soda gives bonus to hunger because there is a lot of sugar in it.

I'm of the opinion that any stew or soup worth it's salt (ramen also) is super salty! Therefore I'm not upset that thirst isn't replenished when you have a bowl. It seems so me that vinegar soaked pickles increase thirst (you guys who look at the code would know if that's true better than I). So quenching thirst? Nah I'm ok with it how it is.

But then there's soda.. I don't know how pop decreases hunger, it's not a can of Guinness..

If you drink enough it can create a feeling of fullness, take this from a guy who used to drink 2 litres of pepsi max a day and live off of nothing but the minimum of what could be considered a 'snack'. 

It definitely makes you feel full, even if you aren't.

Well in soup there is 1 liter of water at least and in game you don't use salt etc so soup is not salty so it should give huge bonus to thirst (vegetables are not salty if someone of you don't know that :P).

Soda gives bonus to hunger because there is a lot of sugar in it.

Exactly, and even in the case of ramen noodles or even chicken noodle soup which has a lot of salt, theres still so much water in it [hence why its a soup...] that it would still help thirst a little. I know I wouldnt be dying of thirst after a steamy bowl of soup or stew of some kind. Not to mention that some salt is good for you, ya can die without it. Most soup isnt the same as drinking salt water though... >.>

I mean if the sugar in soda helps hunger a bit then soup should definitely restore some thirst.