Arm/Hand Protection

ValueOfGravity

So, i had just joined a server and i met this survivor. We both had nothing on us but clothes, and were trapped in a school full of zombies. We then got cornered in a room with windows.

I had no topwear because i had the construction worker perk, so i asked him to give me his sweater to break the window. I broke it and we escaped. I ripped sheets and made bandages for my arm. The problem was i couldn't pull off the shards off my arm. I died because of that.

So, it got to my head, ''What if i grabbed the sweater/sheets and wrapped them around my arm and hand, and THEN smashed the window?''

If you were to be alone with no topwear, well that would be a problem. You could use your pants, i guess. But in a fast-paced situation, i doubt you would have the time to take them off and wrap them around your arm.

I am not sure if this would be reusable nor am i aware of the damages the sweater/pants/vest/whatever would suffer. Maybe make denser clothes indefinetly durable, while sheets or weaker cloths would have a limited number of uses before ripping apart.

Yeah, this is definitely something that needs to be worked on. Hopefully they add something like this in build 30. 

Anyways, maybe you could take off your shoes and put them on your hands, then punch the window? Wait, that'll scuff the J's. I can't really think of anything else except what you said. Lmao, where is my reply going right now?

I am assuming armor is a maybe, so if that is the case the idea could be taken a few steps further and maybe have the ability to craft leather or hide from animals later on.

or simply to be able to kick the glass instead.

though this all takes small bits each time from the main point of the game. its meant to be hard, to make you second guess each action before just rushing in. Like now at the start of a new survival play through in 30.3 I found myself wonder if I should pass a few houses because I couldn't pop open the windows without breaking them and do to the risk of alerting a near by group of zombies on the other side of the house it seems easier to just try another home.

top it off with this amazing medical system the game feels as I would imagine a zombie survival situation to be...that said not everyone one is the same so a easier difficulty would better for many others for what ever the reason. Me I like to use sandbox as a testing ground for an idea I'd want to try then go back to survival mode to do it without worries.

simply put the devs know what they are doing and hope they continue to push this game in the current direction  :D.

Yeah I think if they're going to make glass more dangerous that it stands to reason ways to creative ways circumvent it are needed.

You should also be able to right click and "Clean Glass" from the window if you have a certain tool because apparently you can get it from just climbing through...

I am assuming armor is a maybe, so if that is the case the idea could be taken a few steps further and maybe have the ability to craft leather or hide from animals later on.

or simply to be able to kick the glass instead.

though this all takes small bits each time from the main point of the game. its meant to be hard, to make you second guess each action before just rushing in. Like now at the start of a new survival play through in 30.3 I found myself wonder if I should pass a few houses because I couldn't pop open the windows without breaking them and do to the risk of alerting a near by group of zombies on the other side of the house it seems easier to just try another home.

top it off with this amazing medical system the game feels as I would imagine a zombie survival situation to be...that said not everyone one is the same so a easier difficulty would better for many others for what ever the reason. Me I like to use sandbox as a testing ground for an idea I'd want to try then go back to survival mode to do it without worries.

simply put the devs know what they are doing and hope they continue to push this game in the current direction  :D.

But if you kick the glass, you'll scuff the J's!

I think some kind of makeshift protective clothing would be a cool feature.

Magazine + duct tape (or torn sheets) = fore arm brace

this would give you a better chance of avoiding scratches or bites but at the cost of added weight and slower weapon speed.

or simply bandaging your fore arms would havefer some protection.

wearing Gloves or wrapping your hands with rags would protect your hands from broken glass or maybe the odd bite.