Visual Indication of Alarms

Lis

I hate to really ask this, but as a deaf player, I can't hear whenever an alarm goes off. In fact, I couldn't figure out why -- at seemingly random times -- I suddenly had buckets of zombies converging on me until I looked it up.

While I hesitate to ask for anything like this, I'm getting really frustrated because I can't know a piece of information that my character would.

Thanks!

there should definitely be a way to make it so you are aware of the potential death coming your way.

Not sure if your being sarcastic or not but it's not like a player could use it to know zeds are coming. It's just like the sound but maybe with flashing lights going on too. :)

why would i choose to be sarcastic about this? this is a person who could use a visible warning that an alarm is going off, which could bring potential death their way. something like a red flashing light on a window sill could make the difference in leaving the house casually to discover the zombies stopped by, and a person who KNOWS their may be trouble outside because of a nifty little visible warning.

I must say that this is a great idea! An option for hearing impaired in the menu which adds symbols were there would normally be sounds would be great! :) Maybe even the occasional chat bubble on zombies "uuugh" representing their moans? That is if you click the options though.

there should definitely be a way to make it so you are aware of the potential death coming your way.

we have a some smart Devs here, i'm sure they will find a way to help you out

Personally, I just watch the zombies. They're quite a good indicator of direction.

But, there's a reason a different sound system is being considered (the lack of direction for things like alarms is rather frusturating): http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/10/all-the-small-things/

Not that you'll really be able to tell, it being stamped to death by YouTube's compression.

we have a some smart Devs here, i'm sure they will find a way to help you out

Personally, I just watch the zombies. They're quite a good indicator of direction.

But, there's a reason a different sound system is being considered (the lack of direction for things like alarms is rather frusturating): http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/10/all-the-small-things/

Not that you'll really be able to tell, it being stamped to death by YouTube's compression.

unfortunately, the new sounds won't help the OP in this case.

surely the Devs can find a way to make the game attractive for the Hearing Impaired when it comes to things like entering a house and tripping an alarm

Not sure if your being sarcastic or not but it's not like a player could use it to know zeds are coming. It's just like the sound but maybe with flashing lights going on too. :)

why would i choose to be sarcastic about this? this is a person who could use a visible warning that an alarm is going off, which could bring potential death their way. something like a red flashing light on a window sill could make the difference in leaving the house casually to discover the zombies stopped by, and a person who KNOWS their may be trouble outside because of a nifty little visible warning.

Sorry, I got confused and I was up real late when I posted that and was half reading through shit. No hard feelings?

I really hope someone at TIS sees this... I'd say it's rather important. I don't know wether it's very difficult to add into the game though. :P sadly my guess is this would be of low priority right now since the devs already have so much to do :( maybe someone could mod this into the game? Or at least some kind of warning once alarm goes off?

Also, I think you can actually see a zombies shadow when it sneaks up behind you, even though you don't see the zombie itself, I think this happens when you pick the trait "good hearing" in the games character creating screen... I haven't played in a while but I'm pretty sure of this. Might serve as an extra warning if you can't hear their moans. :) would be ironic if that trait actually help someone who got real life hearing problems eh? You only see it once they're really close though, i'd say 2-3 steps from you tops!

If I'm wrong about this please someone correct me, as I'm not 100% sure this works.

Edit: word of advice is to always look around a lot, use control+mouse to check around you at all times... And if you got a fence you should do daily checks around the perimeter to see if a Z is banging it down somewhere. I always start every new morning in the game to do that, once I have a safe house set up. :P